The truth shall set you free

Liliana

Do you know how they say the truth shall set you free? Okay, so people don't say that, because most prefer to lie than be honest. People say they want honesty, but when you give it to them, these same people get all butt hurt when you did what the wanted.

I learned a long time ago, no one wants honesty, but I have no problem with it. Why lie when the truth will come out anyway?

That comes to my current dilemma about the truth I learned tonight. I can bury Polly and tell Dimitri the truth or not. Then I think that if I tell Dimitri will it solve anything? If I'm having feelings for him, do I want to seem that I'm a spiteful person? Would it solve anything dragging up a past that hurt him unnecessarily? The truth is I could be that person, but I don't want to be that way. It's not me.

The driver pulled up in front of the house and I got out of the car. I paid him along with a tip. I walked into the house to find Dimitri sitting on the couch, looking at his phone. I closed the door and he looked up from his phone.

"You're back early," Dimitri mentioned.

"Yeah, it was a lame party," I said as I walked over and sat down next to Dimitri on the couch.

"Did something happen?" He asked, looking at me curiously.

Yeah, your ex is a lying, cheating whore and her troll friends are equally terrible.

"Nope," I mentioned, smiling.

"Well, sometimes things happen for the best," Dimitri said.

I looked at him and smirked. "Yep, they do," I agreed.

"There's something I want to tell you," Dimitri started to say.

I looked at Dimitri and before he had a chance to say anything, Alec came into the house.

"Bro, you will never believe what I found out," Alec said excitedly.

"Alec, can this wait. I'm talking to Liliana," Dimitri said.

"Not if you don't want to hear what I heard about Harry's dad," Alec mentioned with a look.

Dimitri and I looked at each other, then at Alec curiously.

********
Dimitri

I wanted to talk to Liliana and confess my original plan, but Alec thwarted it. What is so important that I couldn't tell Liliana the truth?

Alec walked over and sat down in a chair.

"So, you know how the Worthingtons walk around town as if they are significant?" Alec asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, it seems Harry Worthington's business is folding and when Harry junior marries Cherisse, Craig is investing in it. There's some business deal happening," Alec told me.

I looked at Alec confused. "But Craig is partners with Dad," I mentioned.

"Not anymore, especially after the wedding," Alec said.

"Does Dad know?" I questioned.

"No, Craig plans on telling Dad after the wedding," Alec answered.

I sat there and rubbed my chin. Dad and Craig were business partners for years. Now, Craig plans to throw it all away for the Worthingtons. None of it made sense to me.

"Why would Craig do this? It makes no sense," I reasoned.

"Who knows? Do we know why half the people do the things they do? By the way, I got some new edibles," Alec mentioned, holding up a bag.