the scoop

2 missed calls from - maddi
1 missed call from - kayla rae
8 imessages

"What the hell?" I said to myself. I opened my phone and looked at my messages.

-kayla rae
"Wanna go to the Scoop w me & Maddi?"

I answered back quickly, telling her I'd love to.
The Scoop is an ice cream shop downtown that was open for all seasons, even in winter, and it was my favorite.

-maddi
"BLAIR"
"let's go get ice cream w kayla"
"answer the phone, bitch!! let's go to the scoop!!!"
"sis"
"B!!"

I facetimed Maddi, hoping she would answer. It rang twice until she did.

"Blair, we're on our way to get you!" She said laughing, turning down the music.

"Yay! Sorry I didn't answer, I was with the family downstairs." She nodded while showing Kayla.

"Hey girl, we'll be there in 10? K?"

"Yes, I'll see you then. Just text me when you're here."

I hung up and got dressed. I decided to just put on my sweatpants with a black crop tank, but not too cropped to where you could see my stomach, and a small jacket. I went into my bathroom and put my hair into a ponytail. My hair was a mixture of waves and curls so it looked decent no matter what; usually.

I went to get my phone and saw a text.

"Here!!" Sent just now.

I ran out of the bathroom, grabbed my purse with my wallet and headed downstairs.

"Hey mom, I'm just going to get ice cream with Kayla and Maddi, that's okay, right?" I asked in hopes she would be fine with it. She didn't care and I went outside to go to Kayla's car.

"Hey, bitch!" Maddi yelled out of the window. "Hi!" I laughed and ran to the back. When I opened the door, I noticed two boys. It was Griffin and Dylan. "G, what are you doing here?" I asked him but everyone heard. "Oh shit, I forgot to tell you, we just picked them up." I looked at him in confusion. "I thought Vinnie was with you?"

"He was, well, he's at my house with Sarah and a few other people. I just got bored so I texted Kayla and here I am." I was just hoping Vinnie wouldn't say anything about the kiss.

We finally got there and everyone got out. This place was so cute. Griffin and Dylan were behind me as I followed the girls. They ordered first but Dylan and I didn't know what we wanted. We started making jokes out of nowhere and then I decided on Cherry Garcia.

"Blair, what the fuck? Who gets Cherry.. Cherry Garcia?" Griffin asked, laughing his ass off.

"G, shut up! Are you high or something?" I went up to the stand and ordered it anyways. He got Moose Tracks, typical, and we all sat in the corner booth. After talking for what it seemed to be for hours, I looked down at my phone.

"hey!" Reese texted me.

"hi!"

I put my phone back in my pocket as we all
got up to go to the car. We put our trash in the trash cans and walked out of the door. Maddi blasted Michigan by Chavo and we all started to scream and dance, besides Kayla, of course. Griffin and I were laughing so hard at each other, we were crying. He was indeed high. He always is though but it's pretty funny.

"Aright, B. We're here! Sorry we got back so late," Kayla said, turning down the music.

"Oh no, this was so much fun! I'll see you guys tomorrow, thanks!" I said waving goodbye as they sped off to their next house.

I pulled my phone out and Reese never texted me back. Oh well. I walked inside, locked the door and went straight to the kitchen to see that my parents were now making dinner. "What's for dinner tonight?" My mom shut the refrigerator and answered, "Does pizza sound alright for tonight?"

"Of course!" I went to my room to put my wallet and stuff away. As I did that, I stopped by Austin's room. "What's up, homie?" He was on his laptop studying for school. "What's it look like?" I looked down at his computer and it was an assignment for English. "Do you need help? English is my stronghold." He pursed his lips at me and told me to get out. "Fuck you. Anyways. I think dinner is almost ready." He thanked me as I walked out and shut his door.

I pranced back downstairs and sat next to Corey. "Whatcha watchin?" He looked up. "Courage the Cowardly Dog" I smiled, remembering when I used to watch this show all the time. "This used to be my favorite show. Corey was more of the sweet sibling while Austin was kind of a jackass. He's a teenager now so it makes sense. My parents told us to come and get ready at the table and so we did. "Austin, pizza is ready!" My dad yelled to him. Corey and I went up to the table and grabbed a plate and two slices. Austin then raced downstairs to grab a seat.

"So kids, we were thinking about going on vacation in the summer. Maybe May??What do you think?" We all smiled and said yes. "Where to?" I asked. "We're not too sure, possibly Hilton Head where you were born. It would be nice to see Aunt Judy again soon." I got really excited. We haven't been to Hilton Head, South Carolina in years! The last time we went, Corey wasn't even born.

"I would really like to see them again. I'll be 18 so it'll be a lot more fun for me, I think." They nodded in agreement. "Here's the thing, each one of you are able to bring just one friend so think about it for a while. We are gonna book the house here soon, you don't have to bring anyone but we'd rather y'all not be up our asses the whole time." My mom said.

We all smiled and the boys started talking like no other. "Awesome, so I could bring Kashon?" My parents nodded. "This is great, is the house on the beach or near it?" I asked. "It's the one we showed you a few years ago on the beach. It's beautiful!" I smiled in enjoyment, I couldn't wait!

I was all finished with eating so I decided I would go upstairs and start to wind down.

I shut my door and laid on my bed. I put my phone on charge and started to doze off. I imagined Vinnie holding me again to where I could fall asleep so softly.