the kiss

I woke up early to a bone chilling breeze from the opened window by my bed. I calmly pushed strands of my hair out of my face and tied it into a bun. I got up, walked to my window, and shut it.

"Geez, it's freezing," I said to myself, putting on a brown sweatshirt I got from Target a few weeks ago. I opened my door and headed downstairs to make myself breakfast or any kind of food in that case. I scrambled through the fridge but quickly headed to the cupboards to get cereal. I went back into the fridge and grabbed a carton of orange juice and milk. I poured the milk into a bowl with the cereal then poured the orange juice into a glass.

After I finished putting things away, I sat down at the dining room table, just eating and looking out of the window. It was ten in the morning, so my brothers were definitely sleeping in. My parents usually went on their weekly grocery shop at this time.

As I stared out into the neighborhood, I saw people nearby putting up decorations for halloween. Halloween was my absolute favorite holiday. I got up, walked into the kitchen and washed my bowl and spoon. I then headed upstairs back to my room to put on a movie.

Skipping the steps, I got to my room and my TV on. I jumped onto my bed and went on my phone as I waited for everything to load.

"heyy, i'm up. thank you for taking me home, i can't remember anything! i appreciate it :)"

I texted Vinnie back thanking him. I put my phone down and proceeded to look on Netflix for a good movie. While I was searching, my phone went off.

"don't worry ab it. wyd today?"

"oh, i'm just gonna watch spooky movies to get into the holiday spirit ;) hbu"

"care if i come over & join?"

"let me call my mom first and then i'll tell you!"

I quickly called my mom, hoping she would answer. I asked if Vinnie could come over and watch movies with me and she had no problem with it, mainly because she's known this boy since he was young.

"she said yes!"

"yay! i'll be over in 10"

Still searching through movies, I finally chose Coraline. I loved that movie and so did he. About ten minutes went by and I heard a knock at the door. I hopped out of bed and ran down the stairs. I opened the door and there was Vinnie. He was wearing gray sweatpants, lord help me, and a black t-shirt.

"Geez, aren't you cold?" I asked, letting him in.
"I mean, it's like 45, not too too bad." I laughed.
"Anyways, what movie did you pick?" He asked as we headed upstairs to my room. "The one and only, Coraline."

"Shit is good," He winked at me and jumped on my bed. "Ahh, I've missed it here." He got under my covers and fluffed the pillow. "You gonna come and sit with me," I shut my door most of the way and walked over. I was in my shorts and a sweatshirt. After a while of watching the movie, I realized that Vinnies hands were going through my hair. I loved when people did that, especially him. I was laying on his chest. I looked up at him and he smiled. "I really love spending time with you," I said. "Oh, stop being a sweetheart." He said back. This wasn't anything new in our friendship, nothing was ever weird with us. We both were so comfortable with each other that me laying on his chest wasn't weird.

Every time I looked into his eyes I would feel his lips on mine, I felt my world fall in place. I felt wanted and loved and I wanted to feel this forever. But I had never kissed him, never told him my feelings and most likely never will anyhow. He closed his eyes which made me close mine too. His body gave me warmth and comfort. I loved being with him like this. We rarely ever got to be alone with each other but when we did, I swear I fell more in love with him. But obviously, he doesn't know that I'm in love with him and I'd like to keep it that way anyways.

I smiled and looked back at the TV. Vinnies phone began to ring and he moved a little. He looked at his phone and hesitated. "I'll-I'll be right back, B." He said getting up and holding his phone. "You good?" He nodded and walked out, answering the caller.

Minutes went by and the movie was over. I thought maybe that Vinnie was on the phone with his parents but he's never ran out of the room before. I turned the TV off and got out of my bed. I opened my door and headed down the hall. "Vin?" I yelled through the house. I walked downstairs after hearing laughs. I went into the kitchen to find Austin and Corey with him.

"Sorry, B. We were playing a game and I forgot to even come back up after my mom called." He said laughing, picking Corey up from the chair and throwing him onto the sofa in the living room. They all started running around the island in circles. "Guys, can I have Vinnie back now?" I asked, laughing with them.

Vinnie got up and walked back towards me. "Race you to your room!" He slightly pushed me and ran up the stairs. "V!" I said, stumbling over myself, running back after him. I ran into my room and Vinnie was already jumping on my bed. "Stop, dork! You're gonna break my bed!" I hopped up with him and we both collided and dropped to the sheets. We both started laughing so hard, we could barely breathe. He stood back up quickly and went right for me.

"Vin, no! Stop it!" I said laughing as he came up and tackled me. He started tickling my sides and everyone knows I can't take that. "V!" Laughing harder and harder, he got on top of me and kept going. He pinned my arms above my head with one arm while he was tickling me. I tried to move but I couldn't, he was much stronger than me.

He finally stopped and gave me my arms back. I took a deep breath, "I hate you," I said giggling. He looked down at me and frowned but didn't say anything. "Vinnie?" I asked, I wasn't sure if something was wrong. That's when he leaned down and kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed back. He lowered his hand on my neck and continued to kiss me. I couldn't believe this.

He quickly shifted his weight and took his head away, breaking the kiss. "Shit, I'm.. I'm sorry. I should go." He said getting fully up and off of my bed. What the fuck. Wait, what the fuck? Is he- Did he? Did he just kiss me? I propped myself up with my elbows and watched him leave my room. "Vinnie?" I said, starting to stand up. I heard the front door shut so I knew it was too late to go after him. I heard a slight buzzing then looked down at my phone.

Incoming Call - Griffin

"Hey, what's up, Griff?"

"Hey, uhm. Is Vinnie there?"

"He just left, why?"

"He won't answer. He was supposed to be here an hour ago."

I quickly looked at my phone screen to see the time: 2:45 PM.

"I didn't even know, sorry about that. What are you getting into today?"

"The usual, crack and prostitutes."

"I can't stand your ass.. I'll text you." I said hanging up.

I started to walk downstairs but I ran into my brothers. "Are you two dating?" Austin asked right when I stepped back in. "Huh, no." I said blatantly. "Why were you two literally making out then?" I almost panicked. "Austin, shut up! We're just friends!" I said walking away from him. "Austin, leave Blair alone. They've been friends since kindergarten." My dad yelled out, motioning us to sit down at the table for lunch. I didn't even realize they were back home. "See." I snarled back at him and he rolled his eyes.

I sat down at the table and started to eat. "So, how's school going?" My mom asked us. I looked at Corey and Austin first, neither of them answered. "It's fine, the school year pretty much just started and grades aren't out" She nodded her head and looked at the boys. "Oh, it's good so far." Austin explained, stuffing his face with his sandwich. We were talking for about an hour or so but I was finished eating so I washed my plate, thanked my parents for lunch and went upstairs.

I grabbed my phone.