Chapter 3

Chapter 3

'"Congratulations!"
"Thank you!"

Irene was greeted by her teachers and classmates and she can see not too far is Jin,with medals on his neck,hands full of bouquet of flowers, and girls flocking on him.

"Well.. I guess, this is the last day I'm gonna see you. Congrats! And Congrats to myself!" she told herself.

"This is it! Graduation is over! Good bye Uni!! Good bye everyone!! I will leave all my bad and not so bad memories here!" Irene feeling so proud of herself, kissed the medal she received.

After the graduation ceremony, some students stayed ,taking photos with family and friends while she hurriedly go to her apartment.

She has no one. Her parents passed away when she was eight. So her aunt took care of her, but she decided to be independent when she turned fifteen, though her aunt still send little money for her allowance.

She checked her small room, everything was neat and her things were already packed. No damaged pipes. She sighed.

She is going to Seoul to pursue her career in Journalism. She can stay in her Aunt for a while while she is hunting for a job.

"Let's see.. SBS, KBS,JTBC, Arirang.." her eyes twinkling in excitement as she counted her target companies in Seoul.
She will apply to all of them, and she can already imagine herself working in one of the famous stations in Korea when she heard a knock on her door.

She is expecting the landlady to come. She have her keys prepared to surrender, the money for the remaining balance of her rent.

She immediately open the door to see an unexpected person,

"Jin.." eyes wide, she didn't move for a sceond. She doesn't know what to say.

"Congrats to you too!" Hearing him broke her trance.
Jin just smiled at her. A smile that doesnt reach his eyes.

"Congrats! What brings you here?" She noticed how Jin looks around, maybe noticing her packed things.

"I'm.. leaving. Thank you for being such a considerate neighbor. So what brings you here?" Irene asked again.

"I see. That explains why your things are all packed. I just want to invite you over dinner, since I know you have no one to celebrate this special day. My family will be waiting for you."

Irene peaked outside to check Seokjin's house that is twice bigger than the whole apartment. She can also see guest outside. Some are her classmates that bullied her for being near Jin.

"Nah. Im ok. Im not good with people. Thanks by the way."

"No, its just me and my family on dinner. No worries."

"I'm really ok. I need to go too. I need to catch up the 5pm bus to Seoul."

"Seoul? You are going to Seoul? Why?" Jin was a little surprise.

"Yes. I think I'll be staying there for good. I will pursue my career there. You know.. opportunities and all.. its all in Seoul."
Irene started playing with the keys and smiled,imagining herself again being successful career woman is Seoul.

"Oh, I see.. I will be leaving too. I'll continue my studies in London." with that he extended his hand for a handshake.

Irene suddenly felt her heart sunk inside. She suddenly feels sad after hearing what he just said. She just realized she will miss him so much.

She reached for his hand for the first time.

"Congratulations. I hope to see you tonight tho. Good luck on your career then.." and with that he left.

"Good luck to you too.." she whispered after he left.
She realized this is their first time to have a decent conversation and its not that bad.

The landlady came not long after Jin left. She surrender the keys and settled everything before leaving the old apartment.

Jin was just looking outside his window, he just watch as Irene left the apartment with her luggage.
He feels sad that he wasn't able to confess to her. Maybe this is what they call puppy love.

"Everytime I see you, my heart flutters. I will miss you Irene, good luck."
He smiled and went back to entertain his guest and to distract himself for being sad.