Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It was summer. The scorching heat is making her sweat. Plus the heavy trash bag she needs to throw outside.

Its been almost a year here in Seoul and she found herself still jobless, taking every part time job that only last for few weeks or months and no stable career.

She never thought it would be this hard.

She look at her reflection in the glass wall, wearing cheap kitchen clog shoes, oversized gloves, a dirty apron , a hairnet in her head, with her thick eyeglasses with a little crack on the frame.

"Maybe staying in Daegu province is much better" she thought to herself.
She just hopes and pray to gods that she won't t encounter anyone from her University here in Seoul. They will laugh at her current state for sure.

"Irene!!! Please clean up the floor! Someone spilled the soup again!"

Irene hurriedly went back inside the kitchen to get a mop and wipe the floor their customer spilled.

"Irene? Is that you??"
"Oh look! Its Irene! She never changed! Hahaha" the girls laugh at her.
She tried to hide her face while cleaning the floor. She is certain that they are the group of girls that bullied her in campus.

'So much for reunion.'
She internally feels like smacking and slapping them with the mop she is holding.

"C'mon girls. I feel sorry for her, there's no point on being mean to her. I mean, look, Jin is in London now and for sure has a pretty girlfriend. Forget about Irene."

The group of girls laughed again.
"I told you! Jin doesn't like her, you just like to assume things Julie!"
"Well, maybe I'm just imagining things, but everytime I see Jin looking at Irene, back then, he looks like so lovey dovey in love. He was like a knight in shining armor everytime he saves Irene"

"Well, its just you. C'mon girls, we're gonna be late. Our boss might scold us again." One of the girls seemingly pissed over Julie's statement.

Before leaving, Sana throws a dime on her.
She finally looks up after they left. Seeing them afar outside the glass window makes her pity herself. They look like a successful career woman in stilettos and suits.

She laughed at the thought of Jin being lovey dovey in love with her. She is sure that Jin has forgotten her already. Sana is right, Julie is just imagining things back then.

"How is he now? Will he be back in Korea? Will he go to Seoul? Or be back in Daegu?" Irene wonders.