Chapter 11

After Jinyoung had finished cleaning the assigned rooms for the morning, he stopped by the reception counter where Youngjae and BamBam were talking. There was no sign of new clients arriving.

"What're you two doing here?"

As soon as Youngjae and BamBam heard Jinyoung's voice, they pulled him close, as if they were about to confide in him.

"Hyung," BamBam started, "What Youngjae hyung said, is that true? That Mr. Tuan probably likes you?"

"Youngjae!" Jinyoung shouted and Youngjae shrinked.

"I just told him that's what I think," Youngjae defended himself. "Because he asked me, hyung."

"I was curious. This morning, he was here, asking where you were."

"Did he?" That man, couldn't he spend a day without bothering him? "Whatever. Don't talk about him. He's our customer. What if someone else hears this and misunderstands? Especially our manager," Jinyoung lectured them. As long as he would not be teased.

Youngjae and BamBam both reluctantly nodded, looked over Jinyoung's shoulder and fidgeted. Bambam mouthed something at Jinyoung, which only earned a confused frown.

"Why're you bossing your co-workers around?"

Jinyoung shivered as the source of the voice was so close to his ear. Just as he turned, a head was propped on his shoulder. Out of reflex, Jinyoung hit Mark's stomach with his elbow.

"A-Ah. Didn't know you were that strong," Mark rubbed his stomach, with a grimace. But in a split second, there was a cheeky smile replaced on his face.

"I'm sorry," Jinyoung apologised half-heartedly. He tried to put on a smile only because there were other people around.

"You're such a hard one to catch." Mark stepped closer to Jinyoung, who froze. Mark's hand reached for Jinyoung's collar and tilted it, checking the reddish mark on the throat.

Embarrassed, Jinyoung removed the hand and stiffened the collar upright again, clearing his throat and looking around in case someone was watching them.

"Didn't I tell you not to cover it? Should I give you another somewhere you can't hide it?"

"Please don't," Jinyoung gritted his teeth, "Don't talk about this here."

"When we're alone then?" Mark smirked. "Fine. As of now, bring two Americanos to my room."

Jinyoung gave him a grudging nod. He drew a deep breath when Mark sauntered off. When he turned around, several pairs of inquisitive eyes were on him. At his glare, they left him, except Fei's, BamBam's and Youngjae's. Fei was smiling knowingly and Jinyoung just shook his head.

"Hyung, what's on your neck?" BamBam's hand extended but was pushed away before it could reach Jinyoung's shirt collar.

"Nothing." Before any more questions came, Jinyoung rushed off to the cafe.

Mark and Kim Shiwoo were playing chess again when Jinyoung got to Mark's room. Their attention was on the game and wordlessly, Jinyoung placed the coffee cups on the table.

Strange. Not only Kim Shiwoo but Mark did not look up at him. Could he leave then? If they did not want any interruption.

He made a step towards the door and Mark's voice came out. "Come back an hour later." Why had he ever thought that Mark would let him go that easily?

"Yes, Mr. Tuan."

When Jinyoung was in front of Mark's room for the second time that day, he found the door locked. Was no one inside?

Jinyoung gave a soft knock and the door was swung open. In the doorway stood Mark.

"Come in."

Mark held the door as Jinyoung entered. There was not a sign of Kim Shiwoo and the chessboard and pieces had also been removed. Jinyoung made his way to the table to collect the empty cups.

But he was shoved back against the closed door, Mark blocking the way. Jinyoung shut his eyes, bracing himself for what was coming next. His eyes opened wide, however, when he felt breath against that marked area on his throat.

He pushed Mark. "What're you doing?"

"Just sniffing. What? You were expecting another bite?" There were sparks of amusement in Mark's eyes. He was clearly enjoying Jinyoung's reaction.

"No. Please don't do anything like that again."

"Never again? I don't think I can give you that promise."

Mark's hands were back on each side of Jinyoung against the door. He tilted Jinyoung's stubborn chin and his lips aimed for Jinyoung's.

Jinyoung moved his head to dodge the desperate lips. It was successful but the thing was Mark had also changed his target and dived for Jinyoung's neck, which was now more exposed.

Mark's lips pressed against the old hickey, his tongue swirling around the area. Jinyoung gave him a push, causing Mark to stumble backwards. But another moment, his lips were back on that very spot on Jinyoung's throat.

Mark kept his hands around Jinyoung and intended to move both of them to the bed. But some sort of a rumbling sound distracted him. Jinyoung took the chance to pull himself away.

Normally, Jinyoung would be embarrassed if his stomach produced such sounds in someone else's presence. But this time, he was thankful.

"It's already lunch time. I need to go."

Mark laughed and ruffled Jinyoung's hair, much to Jinyoung's annoyance. He restrained himself from batting that hand away.

"Only because you're hungry." Mark let go of Jinyoung and watched him taking the cups and going to the door. Jinyoung left the room, ignoring Mark's "See you later".