Chapter 22

Familiarity hit him once Jinyoung stepped into the hotel, which he had just been at a few days ago. Every moment his eyes landed on the room attendants, he could not help but feel like he was one again and back at work.

"Whoa! Jinyoung hyung?" Before Jinyoung could utter any word, BamBam had already thrown himself at Jinyoung, in a bone-crashing hug. "Hyung, we missed you! Not a day has gone by without us talking about you."

"I missed you too," Jinyoung patted him on the back comfortingly, "Where's Youngjae? I wanted to meet both of-"

"Jinyoung hyung!" Youngjae's voice boomed out, attracting everyone's attention including the receptionists' - they had been busy when Jinyoung had entered. Youngjae abandoned the housekeeping cart and dashed towards Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was happily suffocated when the two younger boys embraced him and refused to let him go.

"Why do you appear only now?" Youngjae said, reproachfully, "We waited for your visit everyday."

"I was busy. Now I'm here, that's what matters. Right? I promise I'll visit here often."

They finally pulled away but stayed close, with their hands over each other. "I heard the investigation went well. We watched the news everyday in case you appeared on the screen. But you didn't. We missed you that much, hyung," BamBam said, clinging to Jinyoung.

"I'm sorry I deceived you too."

"We understand. You won't leave so soon, right? Stay till the lunch break," Youngjae said, "We want to talk with you."

Jinyoung readily agreed and a few minutes later, Youngjae and BamBam had to get back to work, while Jinyoung went to the counter to greet Fei and Jimin, who had not at all changed towards him, despite knowing his true identity.

As much as he was happy to chat with them, he did not forget his main intention of coming here. He left the counter just when new customers arrived and the receptionists were busy again.

He felt a little self-conscious as he made his way to the elevator and was brought to the eleventh floor. He felt less certain when he was on the way to the room he had been invited to. Hesitation crawled into him when he got to the door but still, he rapped at the door and waited for a response.

Mark appeared in the doorway just as the door had been pulled open. He looked startled for a moment but another moment, there was a smile on his lips.

"Look, who's here! At last, you came to me," Mark pulled him in, before closing the door behind. "Finally you've realised you like me?"

"I just stopped by your room. I initially came to meet Youngjae and BamBam only," Jinyoung blurted out a lie, not knowing what else to say and not wanting Mark to be triumphant with his own assumptions.

"Was your heart made of stone?" Mark wrapped his hands around Jinyoung from behind and let out a contented sigh. "I'm not going to let you out of this room. How does that sound?"

"Stop being childish! Can't we talk properly for a moment? Without your hands around me?" Jinyoung staggered forward, with Mark hanging on his back. They had already passed by the couches and the next thing nearest was the bed. Jinyoung changed the direction to the window, before Mark could force him to the bed.

"What do you wanna talk about? As long as you aren't going to say we're never seeing each other again, I'm willing to listen."

They were at the window and as the curtains had been opened, everything outside was in sight. Jinyoung did not know where to start; he had thought he knew what he was going to say but his head was blank at the moment.

"What's it that you want to talk about?" Mark asked.

"Mark," Jinyoung began but before he could continue, Mark's head jerked up and he turned Jinyoung around abruptly.

"Did you just call me Mark?"

"Yeah, why? Do you prefer Mr. Tuan?" Jinyoung said, his voice laced with a bit of sarcasm.

"Of course not. It was a privilege. Call me again."

"Am I to talk or keep calling your name?" Jinyoung said, trying to sound tired. "What's it you want from me exactly?"

"Everything," Mark said.

"What do yo mean?"

"You know what I mean, don't you?" Mark drew Jinyoung into his arms again, as if he could not stand apart from Jinyoung even for a minute. "I want you to be everything in my life and I want to be everything in yours."

Jinyoung punched Mark's stomach, although so lightly, "Did you even know what you were saying? Don't talk like that so easily."

"Do you think it was easy for me? I was lovesick, don't you understand? Can't you see it? I missed you so much. Do you know how I felt? I'd never felt like an old maid who was waiting for her love interest every single day. Until you came and made me!" Mark said, in all seriousness, but Jinyoung could not suppress his laugh and then burst out laughing.

"You think it's funny?" Mark said, "How about you tell me what you felt too?"

"Your example was funny," Jinyoung tried to compose himself again.

"Are you avoiding my question? If so, I'll assume you also felt something for me and didn't just want to say it," Mark said, with a sly grin.

"I've nothing to say," Jinyoung said, indifferently.

"Then why're you here? To say goodbye?" Here, Mark sounded so angry that Jinyoung flinched a little. Mark looked deep into Jinyoung's eyes as he continued, "I can stand anything but a goodbye. Even if the world were going to end right now and there was only one more thing I could do," Mark caressed Jinyoung's face gently and longingly, "I'd choose to be with you and spend my last moments with you."

Jinyoung could not make any words and Mark continued, "Imagine the world were going to end right now, what'd you do?"

Let alone imagine the end of the world, Jinyoung could not even bear the thought of leaving this room, with a final goodbye having been said between them. He tried to adapt to this new realisation; but it felt like he had always known it. There was no need for him to get used to this man's arms or touches because without him knowing, they had already become his second home.

Without any more thoughts, he lunged forward and pulled Mark by the neck, before allowing his lips melt in Mark's in a desperate desire. Mark had no objection; he encouraged Jinyoung, moving his hands along Jinyoung's sides, squeezing his butt and then raking his fingers through Jinyoung's hair.

Only now, Jinyoung realised and acknowledged how much he had needed these lips and how much he had wanted this intimacy again. How much he felt comfortable in these welcoming, squeezing, sneaky, restless hands. Everything felt alright.

They finally pulled away, gasping for air. Mark's eyes were shining and Jinyoung thought his own were too.

"You admit now that you love me, babe?" Mark whispered.

"I haven't even said I like you. Now I've to say I love you?"

"I love you too," Mark buried his nose in Jinyoung's neck, while stroking Jinyoung's hair. "I love you so much."

Jinyoung put his hands around Mark's waist and said, his voice muffled by Mark's shoulder, "Me too."

"I can't hear you."

"I love you too," Jinyoung said, no more shyness hanging on his voice. "Can you kiss me again?" He knew he was getting bold but he was liking it.

"Your wish is my command."

Mark detached himself a little from Jinyoung, just so they could move for a kiss, and their lips met sloppily and yet happily again.

The End.

Hello. You've just got to the ending of the story. I hope you've enjoyed the story. And as always, thank you so much for reading this...