Pacts and Pictures (Vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18668128/chapters/44271652

By: Bwipea

Summary:
Taehyung is Jungkook's best friend.

For ten years since moving across the hall from each other at college, the boys have lived their lives with the other by their side, doing everything together... even dating.

A pact they made early in their twenties that outlines several rules when it comes to their love lives, this has always worked... or so they think.

Jungkook has never cared much for dating in the first place, his life being solely coloured by his best friend, who his feelings have only grown for over the years. Taehyung on the other hand has always enjoyed their lifestyle and been oblivious to the others growing affections.

But when Jungkook eventually meets someone who seems just a little too perfect for him, Taehyung starts to wonder what life without the other may just be like and he isn't quite sure he likes the outcome...

Review:
Chapters: 13
Words: 65,771

God I cried through the whole thing. I knew what I was getting myself into and I cried so much. It was beautiful, sad story with a happy ending.

Taehyung and Jungkook have been best friends for almost 10 years. While in college they made a pact to only go on double dates, and if one of them doesn't like the people they are on a date with, then there wouldn't be a second date. Taehyung is bright and friendly and beautiful, always approached by others, so he always set up his and Jungkook's dates. Jungkook's never been very open to other people and has been in love with Taehyung, so he's always the one to end things and reject the second date.

9 years later, Jungkook is a successful photographer and Taehyung is a play write about to make his break on the big stage. Jungkook is getting tired of the dates and thinks about calling it off, until Jimin decides to push the two on one more double date with someone he thinks is the perfect match for Jungkook, hoping that would open Taehyung's eyes and realize he's in love with Jungkook. Which sort of works, but not in the way he was hoping for.

Jungkook gets along very well with his date, Yugyeom, but knows he's in love with Taehyung and rejects seeing him again. Later on Jungkook and Yugyeom become very close friends and Taehyung is starting to realize his feelings. Miscommunication, mistakes, and misunderstandings leads to Taehyung and Jungkook fighting and not talking to each other. Weeks later, forced together by their friends, they finally talk, but it doesn't go as planned. Jungkook basically confesses his feelings, but Taehyung doesn't.

Taehyung starts to realize that Jungkook has shown his love in many ways and he was an idiot and ignored every single one of them. So, he decided to show his love for Jungkook.