Chapter 2

I woke up stilll in my clothes. I realized I fell asleep while I was doing homework. Zeke was shrieking outside. I could tell it was him because he would never shut up.

"Zeke, What is it now?" I asked groggily. When I looked out side the window I saw what made my eyes widen and heart melt. The woods were on fire. The fire was making its way to the barn. My mom was trying to get the horses, but they were all rearing and freaking out.

        "Mom!" I called.

        "Honey go get Zeke." She commanded me. I ran in to go and get him. When we got out of the barn he started to freak out even more. He reared. I fell down and drpped the lead rope. He ran to the woods across the street.

        My whole property was surrounded by woods. I ran after him. It seemed like hours before I found him. He started rearing again.

"Whoa boy." I said. Zeke stopped and just stood there for me.

"Now let's get you back home." I looked around in confusion. Where was home? We were lost. I led Zeke to the direection that fel right but it wasn't... It just led us deeper into the forest.

"What will we do?" I asked Zeke. He lowered on his front knees Kind of telling me to get on. I slowly got on his back. Finnaly for that first time in a year I felt that rush of joy come through me. I kicked my heels into his side bringing him to a canter.

        I laughed with joy. The only thing then was: How do we get back home? And how did the woods catch on fire? And were my parents okay. I finnaly realixed that Zeke was leading me away from the fire to be safe.

        He always looked out for me. He was the best horse I could ask for. I had him sice I was seven.

        He emediatly stopped and I fell off. "Zeke!" I scolded. He stood staring at one thing. I followed his gaze to a red x on a tree. 'What could that mean?' I thought to myself.