Chapter 3

I thought about that red x on the tree. Of course it scared Zeke becase red was the only color horses could see. I was still lost. Luckily I went to survivors camp two years ago.

        I gathered sticks and rocks to make a fire place. After that I found flint. My key chain had a pocket knife so I made a firse with the two. In the fall at my town it became very cold. The heat from the fire felt so good. Zeke was still awake being a look out.

        Since I was lost, I was glad to be lost with him. The sun started to rise. I didn't know it was that early. I guess time flies when your lost in the woods.

13 hours later:

Kylee's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I noticed that Hannah wasn't at school so I thought I would go see why. When I walked over to her house I ran to Mr. Peterson.

"What happened?" I asked. He was cleaning up some of the burnt pieces of the barn.

"The woods caught on fire last night." he answered. He looked tired and sad.

"Where's Hannah?" I asked worried. I didn't see her anywhere. There was an akward oment of scilence while I waited for my answer.

" Zeke and Hannah ran away from the fire last night and we can't find them."

        I ran to the woods across the street. Again and again I called Hannah's name. I cried and fell on my knees. Where could she have gone? Hopefully she was okay.