Chapter 16: Welcome To New York

I am completely losing it.

I had been injecting dilaudid into my blood for the two weeks after my kidnapping. I went to a rehab facility and recovered. Withdraws are the worst.

You feel like your dying, like you can't breathe and that you'll never be happy again. After I returned home, I fell into a state of depression. I didn't want to move nor do anything. I went to a therapist to learn to cope, and have the medication.

I feel even worse for Spencer, he has to deal with me. I always freeze when ever he touches my hand, and I can't shake the feeling that I'm about to be kidnapped again. I get scared whenever Spencer leaves for work, and never feel safe unless he or Jason is with me.

Jason. Heaven bless his God-given soul.

That man has helped me in every single way that he sees is needed.

"I'm going to move to New York, Jason." I said one evening, about four months after my kidnapping.

He looked up from his newspaper, through his glasses and asked, "How come?"

I sighed and said, "I want a fresh start. I'm causing Spencer and the team so much grief. JJ is always coming over to take me out for the day, Emily and Penelope come over and help me make a cake every other week, and Morgan is always calling just to talk. Yes, I know that they want to, but I think that me being in this state just saddens them a lot. And as for Spencer? Oh god, that boy has done more for me these past few months than he has ever done for himself in his entire life."

Jason nodded and asked, "But why New York?"

I smile and say, "I'm not sure. I just want to go."

He nodded and said, "If that's how you feel, then go. Always trust your gut."

I'm not sure if I want to leave, but if that's what it's going to take, then I will.

=======

Spencer's at work and all of my belongings are in my truck. I finally decided two nights ago that I would leave.
I got a call from a school up in New York that they would like me to teach music at their elementary school. I gladly accepted and they are getting ready for my arrival.

I decided that I'd go say goodbye to everyone before I leave, leaving my mom for last. I guess I'm really leaving. It feels like I'n about to take a vacation though. It doesn't feel that bad. Well, here I go.

Goodbye.