Chapter 20: Happily Ever After

A few weeks later, I was walking to the park to meet with Spencer. He decide that we hadn't had alone time since we reunited, me spending most of my time with JJ, Emily, and Penelope.

It was nice for a change, so I took up his offer.

I arrived at the park, and saw the bench I first met Spencer at. There he was, feeding the ducks some bread, just like I had. I smirked and called, "Spencer Reid?"

He looked up and smiled.

Is this what he felt when he first saw me? The butterflies, and a tug at his heart? Maybe he felt nervous, or even excited? Either way, I felt pure bliss when I saw him. He could light up the town with his smile. Scratch that, he could light up the world, end world hunger, and stop wars with that grin of his.

Did I really love him that much?

I guess I do.

He walked to me and placed his hands in mine and tugged me towards him. He kissed me gently and whispered, "I love you."

I chuckled and tapped his chest. "I love you too."

"I want to ask you something."

"What?"

He sat me down on the bench and kneeled beside me.

"I want to show you a magic trick first." He sheepishly said. I laughed and said, "Well, what is it?"

He pulled out a box and opened it. There sat a little note with my name written on it. It read "Check behind your ear."

I gave Spencer a look, but he nodded at me. I rolled my eyes and reached behind my left ear. My eyes widened as I touched something cold and round. A coin? But as I pulled it out into my vision, I realized it was a very expensive coin.

A ring.

I gasped and said, "Oh my God." He laughed and I asked, "How did you do that?"

He laughed and said, "A magician never tells his secrets. But, maybe I'll teach you. Before that, I need to ask you something."

He shifted so he was kneeling and I gasped. No way...

"I love you so much, Sierra Daniels. I never would have thought that a letter; that Gideon, would lead me to you. That I would fall in love with a girl in a picture. I never in my wildest dreams would have guess that that girl in the picture, would mean the world to me. I love you dearly, my love, and I want to show the world that I do by doing something so common: a wedding. I'll ask you in a simpler way so that tiny brain of your's will understand," he gazed at me, and asked me the question.

"Sierra Daniels, will you marry me?"

I nodded and he slipped the ring onto my finger. I gazed at the glowing beauty for a moment before I pressed my lips to his passionately. He picked us up and spun us around. He grinned into the kiss as did I, when he set me on my feet. "So, how should we end our story?" He asked.

I kissed him and quoted, " 'And they lived happily ever after'; after the letter."

Spencer kissed me lightly and added, "But before the beginning."