Chapter 2

The next day when I hang out with my friends, I decided I wanted to maybe be able to contact them some other way. I mean, we’ve all been best friends since, like forever. At least on this site. And it would be kind of fun to have other ways to talk to them. So that day, we took about a quarter of our day just finding out who has what social stuff, and making new accounts or adding each other. We ended up with over ten different ways. Now we were definitely going to be able to connect other ways. I mean, eventually this site will become too boring. We also took the day talking about one day meeting each other. The funny thing was, we didn’t really know what grade or state we lived in. So we also took the time to learn where we lived and our grade. I found out Sammy lived in Washington, and Hannah lived in Maine. And I was in between, I live in Illinois. We all lived so far away from each other. I also found out Hannah was in 9th grade and Sammy was in 10th grade like me.

After we got to know more, and we had some funny story telling conversations, we all kind of settled down on the topic of when and if we meet each other. It was like a long talk because we wanted to go to each one of our states. I thought it was funny how I found 2 people who live on completely different sides of the coasts, and I literally live between them. Kind of like the friendship. I’m more the main person of the friendship because I introduced them to each other. Funny how friendships work out sometimes.

Eventually it became late at night and I had to go. I sat there in my bed though, thinking about what if we all met each other, and our conversation we had. I thought it would be nice to actually finally tell them things in person rather than in a chat online, not even to their face. We all decided to video chat tomorrow on Trubastal. This will be our first time seeing each other and it will be really nerve-racking because we’ve never seen each other before.

The following day I woke up before them, and I’d know because neither of them were on. So I logged into Trubastal, and decided to wait for the other two to get on. I made sure my camera and mic worked so that there wouldn’t be any technical difficulties. Eventually they came on and I was really nervous. I wondered if they were nervous too. But knowing them, they weren’t the nervous because they were both so open to things.

“Hey!” Sammy chatted me on Trubastal.

“Hey!” I replied instantly. “Do you know where Hannah is?”

“No. She’s not up yet, I don’t think” Sammy chat back.

“Oh, never mind, she’s on just now” I said happily.

“Yeah!” Sammy said.

“I’ll do the group call” I said anxiously.

“Okay” Sammy said.

I was a bit nervous call the group call, but I called. We saw each other for the first time. Hannah has brown hair, and a soft green type of eyes. She seemed tall a bit. She was obviously the more lazy kind of person like me, because I could see behind her and see some mess. Sammy was neat and tidy I could see, and she seemed tall as well. She also had a brownish hair. More like a rustic brown. I thought that was really cool. She had turquoise colored eyes and she was obviously more athletic. She said she played soccer and she also said she played badminton, and did track and field and cross country every other year. She seemed really busy. I kind of had this feeling now. But I couldn’t explain it really. Why have I never felt this feeling before? It was an odd feeling, but kind of relieving in a way. So I just kept quiet about this new feeling. I wasn’t sure if it was the feeling of love or what. So I just sat there. We video chat for 3 hours before one of us had to go. But I thought it was amazing how we finally got to see each other for the first time.