Chapter 3

Days went on as I waited for Spring Break. It felt like forever for Spring Break to arrive. Once I got home my parents told me that they decided we could go visit my two friends. I literally screamed my head off. I was super excited. I ran to my room and waited for Hannah and Sammy to get on Trubastal. Once they got on I was the first to call. I was shaking so much from all the excitement contained inside. They asked what I was all excited about, since I kind of seemed like I could have been excited about anything. I said to them that my parents had said yes to going to visit them in the next few days, and both of them screamed too. They were so excited to be finally meeting in real life, and so was I. After about one or two years, we finally get to meet each other in real life. I mean, how exciting is that?

That night I decided to start packing even if my family wasn’t leaving for about 2 days. I made sure I packed all my best clothes since I didn’t want to look like crap, well, compared to Hannah and Sammy. 

Eventually those 2 days passed by, and we were ready to go to Washington to see Sammy. My parents had planned to stay in a hotel near Sammy’s house. I think Sammy was quite excited because when we got to her house I heard someone running to the door yelling “I’ll get it!” and I could hear the hard footsteps of her feet. Of course of it was Sammy because she opened the door. She was a lot taller than I expected. I think she was about a good 5 inches taller than me. I also heard some barking rushing towards Sammy and I. Sammy had two siberian huskies! She said the dogs’ names were Fang and Balto. I really liked those names, especially for her dogs. My mom said she would be at the hotel and that I can stay the night at Sammy’s if her parents let me.

Sammy and I had such a blast that day. We played with her two siberian huskies and I met her parents. Her parents were really nice, and I felt like family right from the moment I saw her for the first time in person. Her parents had said I could stay over for the night, and I was really excited.

We stayed in Washington for three days before going to Maine, but in those three days, Sammy and I had a blast! She took me with her to an amusement park and some really cool restaurants. Her parents also took my family and I out for dinner too. I could tell she was rich too, because even if her house was small, we did something bizarre every day! I think my parents really enjoyed Sammy’s family because they gave so much hospitality. I loved getting to meet Sammy in real life. On top of that, we also get to take Sammy and her family with us to Maine to meet Hannah! I can safely say, this is the best Spring Break, ever!

We all went to Maine, and we stayed in this small inn, it was nice and on the harbor. I really enjoyed the water and the nice breeze. Sammy and I got our own room and so did our parents and Sammy’s. I guess it wasn’t such a good idea for Sammy and I to share a room because we ended up spending nearly a hundred dollars for internet. Our parents must have not been made because nothing happened, even after they found out.

After the first night, we went to go to Hannah’s house. It was really exciting since we all go to see each other in real life. I could tell Sammy was pumped about meeting Hannah, and I was nervous myself still. I mean, it’s been the best Spring Break so far, but I’ve still felt nervous. I thought it was a bit awkward to have brought Sammy and her family along with us to Maine because we kind of just met them. Either way though, I was super excited and always enjoyed having friends.

When we arrived to Hannah’s house, it was a house beach house almost. We were amazed, Sammy and I. Sammy, Hannah, and my parents went to talk, and Sammy, Hannah and I, went to Hannah’s room and talked. I told Sammy and Hannah about my sophomore and junior friends, and some senior friends. They kept saying I was popular, but in reality, it wasn’t like the whole school knew me. Only about 7 sophomores and 8 or 9 juniors knew me. I would say that’s a lot though actually.