Chapter 5

Nothing really happened in that month before school except stress. Sammy and Hannah's parents were stressed with getting all the supplies, because the school doesn't provide a supply list, and since they had moved, things were somewhat still getting organized. On the bright side, Sammy and Hannah were going to be on my morning and afternoon bus, and we were all going to get to talk to each other. We also found out that we all had the same lunch, and that we were all in the same advisory. I was quite honestly, overly excited about all this. Sammy had a lot of honors and some AP classes and Hannah had a few honors and one AP class. As to me, it wasn't surprising I didn't get any honors or AP. Not that I didn't care, but it's less stress for me.

"Hannah, Scout, what classes did you guys get for your first class?" Sammy asked us as we were getting ready for the first day of school.

"Ah, euh, one sec Sammy" Hannah said trying to put and organize her supplies in her backpack, "I'll be taking Trig honors first hour" Hannah finished saying while still packing for the first day.

"I'll be taking Physics" I replied a little late to Sammy.

"Awesome! I'll be across from your class Scout! I'm taking AP Physics." Sammy said excitedly, "Maybe we can walk to class together!" She added in.

"Yeah, true...where are your guys' lockers?" I asked, hoping we were all going to be in the same hall.

"Uh, I'm on the...main floor..." Sammy said trying to look, "Locker...C007"

"Main floor, Locker C011." Hannah said, still trying to organize.

"Sweet! We're all in the same hall, and all near each other. I'm main floor too, and locker C009" I said.

"That means we can walk to class together" Sammy added in, "What about you Hannah?"

"I'm somewhere in the school. I'm not too sure where everything is, but I think I got my schedule down. If I'm right, I'm across the school from you guys first hour." Hannah said focusing on our conversation now.

"Oh," I said a bit sadly, "At least we will be able to see each other right before first hour so we can talk by our lockers for a bit."

"Yeah." Sammy said.

The rest of the day was kind of relaxing, and talking about our classes, and how excited we were to go and meet new people. How we were going to be the "second in command" of the school. After all we were practically juniors now, and seniors never really cared too much. Us juniors though. We didn't think about the following day much, even if it was the first day of school, but all I knew was that we were excited, and ready to go the next day. Sammy, Hannah and I, all established a "seating" chart for us on the bus. We agreed to all make sure we sit in the same row, and do our best to sit next to each other. That way it was easier for us to talk. Our stop was the very first stop, and the earliest too. We had to wake up really early. Thankfully for the bus driver, in the previous year, I had worked up a friendship with him, and he always waited up to 5 to 7 minutes for me. I introduced him to my two friends who moved here with me, and I think he really liked them too. I explained how they lived with me now, and how we met and all. My bus driver never changed one bit, and always enjoyed talking to me from sophomore year.

On the way to school there were a total of 13 stops on the way to school. I always counted since freshman year. It was a really weird habit, but my friends accepted that. I'd occasionally sleep on the bus to school, since it took about half an hour to get to the school. Every day was going to be like this. I'd sometimes get into Sammy and Hannah's conversation on the way to school, but I mostly would go back to my normal routine on the bus, before they came, which was to count the stops or sleep.