letter eight

18. Oktober 2014.

Dortmund, Deutschland.

Dear Jürgen,

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU PLAY FOOTBALL PROFESSIONALLY?

I looked up Estadio Hidalgo and it said that the only team that plays in that stadium is Club Pachuca, which is the one you mentioned. So I clicked on it and I read their information page (on Wikipedia so some of the information could be wrong). And I found that its one of the oldest professional teams in Mexico! It was a day of learning new information for me. I swear I put more effort into researching this than I do in my homework.

Then I saw your name on the team roster and I flipped out.

I felt like a proud mum when her son graduates from college or something.

Like, what are the odds that I would be assigned a professional footballer as a penpal? Its fucking crazy.

Now that I found my chill...I am going to tell you I decided to keep up with your career through sports news articles. I don't want to watch your games yet because I want our appearances to be kept a secret. I thought it would be fun to keep it a secret until the summer comes around and we can see each other for the first time. Then you can invite me to your games and get me awesome seats. Deal? :)

AND YAY.

I'm so glad you won. 

I was a nosey bitch and looked up yesterday's results. Let me congratulate you because a tie is also good. I bet those UNAM (did I spell it right?) guys had a hard time defeating you.

Your parents' story is lovely. I wish something like that could happen to me. Sigh. But I'm about as romantic as a pot of soil. You know, I've only had a boyfriend once, and that was when I was like fifteen. So I still have virgin lips, virgin everything actually. Haha. I don't know if I should feel proud of that. Am I a dork? Yes? Yes.

Boyyyyy, you're so lucky to have travelled.

Tell me about Canada and the United States! 

I have never been outside of my home country. One day, I vow, I will visit you in Mexico. You'll have to give me a tour and translate everything for me cause I don't speak spanish. I always thought the Americas looked interesting.

Ooooh, Hidalgo was the name of a hero? Tell me the story?

*patiently awaits story time*

When will your mom send me the cook book? I found corn flour at the store and I'm very excited to make some home made tortillas :D

Pink is my favorite color!

Omf, I can imagine you at the store asking for a pink tortilla press. Haha. A twenty-one year old man asking for a pink kitchen item. Hey, are you tall? I imagine you being tall. At least six feet possibly because you're a halfer and Germans are tall. I heard Mexicans aren't very tall though.

I got the Mexican crisps. I shared them with my family and they were very good. They taste different than the ones they sell here, like they have a certain extra spice added to them. My siblings wanted to know if you could send some more of those over (I swear they have been bothering me for the past three days to make sure I won't forget to ask you for them. I kid you not Agnetha is standing over my shoulder, making sure I ask for the chips. You don't have to send them if you don't want to). I'm sending a bag of assorted sweets, maybe take that as a bribe so you can send some more crisps. I'm glad your mates liked the ones I sent last time ^.^

We are rivals, but I am a fan of the better team ;)

I sent you one of my drawings, a self-portrait. I know its horrible and ugly, you can say it. Don't show it to anyone because I will be so mad at you. Haha. But I sent it cause you convinced me saying I'm your favorite---hey! I'm your ONLY penpal. Unless...you are betraying me with someone else. Are you? You better not.

Sincerely,

Frida.

-

new letter ^.^

thank you all so much for reading.

no long author's note today cause i'm tired and i have a lot of things to do.

i love you.

-clary xx