"Wet Sugar" [Part 15]

"We at the family reunion
Tellin' jokes and playin' spades
Uncle Dave is on the barbecue grill
Grandma braggin 'bout the blanket she made
For the new baby on her way
Even though the daddy ain't really ready
This child is coming, anyway, yeah

Neicey made her famous potato salad, somehow it turns out green
Maybe it's all the scallions, could be the celery
But oh, Uncle Jerome loves it
Hey baby baby, here comes my favorite, my favorite cousin
He says he doing fine, takin' it one step a day but in my heart I know it ain't that way..."

Jill Scott – "Family Reunion"

The fifty-pound block of solid cement exploded in a flash of smoke and blue pulsing rays of vibranium firepower.

"Whoo, shit!" Erik yelled feeling the vibratory power of Klaue's new and improved arm.

He turned off the remote-control unit in his hand and ran his fingers along the closed seam of the pale arm.

"Fuck yeah," Erik mumbled to himself as his fingers felt the slow whirring of the device powering down. The arm itself was just faintly warm. He was confident he had solved Klaue's problem. He opened and closed the arm numerous times for a full hour to see if there were any glitches in sealing up properly but there was none. He decided to do pulse glass breaking tests for the next day.

Feeling good, Erik took out a Glock from the gun rack and fired off some shots against a few targets.

"Killmonger, everything okay down there?"

Yani's voice on the intercom was always a treat.

"All good, baby. I'm done."

"You want something to drink?"

"Bring me a beer, please."

Within ten minutes Yani was strolling up to him holding a cold bottle of Carib Lager. He chugged it down and he wasn't surprised when she handed him another.

He kissed her on the lips and she wiped a bit of beer liquid from her mouth. He put the second bottle down.

"You ever shot a gun before?" he asked.

"No."

"Want to?"

Her eyes took in the clean-looking Glock in his hand.

"Guns scare me."

"They should, but you should know how to handle one around here."

She nodded. He walked back up to the gun wall and grabbed earplugs and small safety glasses for her.