Chapter 34- Radiator Springs Grand Prix

Well, here we are! The final chapter of When Life Gives You Lemons! I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING! Please enjoy the finale of When Life Gives You Lemons!

Chapter 34: Radiator Springs Grand Prix

Excitement was in the air in Radiator Springs early that afternoon. All of the famous racers had arrived for the Radiator Springs Grand Prix and, with no Allinol or Miles Axlerod in the picture, everyone was certain that nothing could go wrong. This was going to be one great day of racing.

Fudge was so glad that her being grounded was in the rearview mirror now. She would've hated having to miss out on the real ultimate racing competition.

Upon their arrival, the WGP racers had all crowded around Mater and Fudge, eager to hear everything. Since, of course, they were the victims of the Lemons' plans, they wanted to know what it was all about. (Fudge decided to do most of the talking this time around since she didn't entirely trust Mater not to make it into another epic tall tale.)

"I can't believe the whole thing turned out to be a scam!" Carla Veloso commented, shaking her hood.

Rip Clutchgoneski shrugged, smiling. "I'm not complaining. We still got to see wonderful sights and make wonderful new friends."

Everyone else agreed, even though they could've done without their engines exploding.

"Well, we are very grateful to you two then", Raoul Çaroule informed Mater and Fudge, the rest of them proclaiming their agreement.

"Ja!" Max Schnell agreed. "That was a very brave thing you did!"

The two beamed.

"Well, we're just glad you're all all right too", Fudge informed them.

"It was nothing!" Carlos Vega scoffed, waving a hand dismissively. "Broken leg... nothing." His had long since healed.

Miguel smiled and retorted in Spanish before translating for everyone else's benefit. "It is nothing to you. You broke nearly every bone in your body in the Running of the Bulldozers."

Carlos grinned too.

"Well, either way, we all just wanted to thank you both", Nigel Gearsley informed Fudge and Mater.

"And to thank you for helping us", Sebastian Freudenberger began, holding out his helmet, which he had autographed, to Fudge, "I would very much like for you to have this."

Fudge just stared at it in amazement before taking it with both hands, letting out an excited squeal.

"You wear this with pride, ja?" Sebastian continued with a smile.

"I will!" Fudge cried ecstatically, bouncing up and down a little. "I will! Thank you so much!"

"You'll need it this afternoon", Lewis Hamilton informed Fudge.

Fudge looked up at him expectantly. Did he just say what she thought he said?

"McQueen told us you were a very talented human rider", Jeff Gorvette elaborated. "We all want to see for ourselves."

Fudge's blue eyes widened in amazement. "Really?!"

"Hai", Shu confirmed. "It is the least we could do, Fudge-san. You did help save our lives."

"Besides", Nigel Gearsley added with a teasing smile, "someone needs to make sure McQueen doesn't move to the outside."

They all laughed.