Negativity (Simon)

As I walk through the halls I see it everywhere. It seems as if I'm the only one that's unaffected. I watch as even the happiest of souls are eaten away by it. What am I talking about? It is something that affects so many and is helped by so few. Negativity.

 It's like a leach. It grabs on and won't leave until you get it off or until it's sucked every drop of life out of you. I try to cure them to no avail. Only they can do that. The negativity makes them something they aren't. Insecure. Depressed. Sad. It slowly kills off the joy they are supposed to feel in everyday life. It spreads like a disease. Infecting anyone who comes in contact. It's been normalized. People say they hate themselves all the time. But is it really the people saying it? Or is it the negativity? It holds them back from being something beautiful; themselves. I cry as I see arguably the most important person in my life say she's obsolete or that she isn't good enough. 

All I can say is that she is perfect and hope she'll believe me. So that she too can see what life without this disgrace is like. We all have the key to the chains that tie us down, we just have to find it. The catch is you have to find it yourself. So go forth with this knowledge. Free yourself of the insecurities and the sadness. Become what you are truly meant to be. 

Yourself.