Chap 6: Not a Dream

So it wasn't a dream. Nope nope nooope. It was definitely not a dream.

I hid myself on the roof at lunch, trying to not be seen by Kai; or Sehun or Tao who had to just magically transfer to our school.
I didn't want to believe anything from that night, it scared me- the not knowing- and I wanted it to end.

I continued to eat my lunch in silence, closing my lunchbox when I was finished. Checking my watch, there was still 45 minutes left of break.
Forty-five minutes left to avoid them.
A beautiful breeze blows by, lifting my spirit and playing with my hair. I smile. Laying down on the bench, I feel my eyes getting heavy, and knowing it wouldn't be long until I fell asleep, I set a quick alarm.

"Daddy! Look at me! I can fly!" I shouted at my dad who was across the yard, laughing with my mom and my brother. I continued to jump on the trampoline, my plastic tiara bouncing on my head. Suddenly, I was on the ground, crying.
My brother ran over to me, trying to calm me, but I clung to him and cried more as he picked me up and carried me over to our parents.

"What happened SaeRom?" My dad wiped my tears, his hand bigger than my small face.

"Appa(Dad), I fell off, my leg hurts!" My words came out feeble between my sobs. My small hands wrap around my brother's neck, and I bury my face in his shirt.
My family's eyes were all loving, full of care and concern- love.

I wake with a start as the alarm goes off. Something wet is on my face, and when I wipe it I realize that I was soaked with silent tears.
Pain.
That was what I felt. Pain. Alone. Left behind.

Checking my phone, I had ten minutes left till class starts. My head hangs in my hands as I try to calm myself.
I stand, the wind once again blowing my hair. The clouds above had gotten darker, the wind violent, it was odd. The weather to change so quickly wasn't normal.

"Weird," I whisper, grabbing my lunchbox and heading for the roof door.
The handle felt frozen, and gasping in shock, I pull the door hard. It gets stuck before opening, causing me to panic for a moment. "I'm so not in the mood for this." I curtly whispered before I bolt through it, fearing I'd get stuck on the roof.

By the time I've reached the classroom, I've manage to calm myself down. I place my lunchbox inside my cubby just as Hana walks up behind me.