Chap 7:

"Weird weather, huh?" I say to her as I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. Hannah slides a small folded piece of paper into my hand and motions for me to open it. Giving me a knowing smile and wink before she turns and walks to her seat.

There is a tiny heart on the corner and I read the message inside.

"SaeRom,
Meet me at the front gates after school ends. ~Kai"

I feel a little bit of dread build up in my chest. I was so confused but yet scared to ask any questions. But somewhere inside of me warmed at the thought that he wanted to see with me, and I really wanted to see him. 'There's a lot of things I want to do with him', I think to myself as I sit down. Shocked at my thought, I try to banish it from my mind. Like, banish it forever.

Kai sits down beside me and my face reddens remembering that night and my recent thought. I had managed to avoid him almost all day because we had electives this morning, but now that I was next to him I couldn't forget the feeling of his hands on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the next four periods trying to avoid catching his stares. But not only his, but Tao and Sehun were also turning around at some points. What is up with them today?, I half mutter under my breath and half in my head, hoping Kai hadn't heard me.
The weather outside was still just as odd. First it got really dark, but it had turned more grey now, the skies looking as though threatening rain.

The bell rings, signalling the end of final period. I start putting my things away now, unlike Kai who has been packed up for ten minutes. Tao, Sehun, and him all leave class quickly, and I wonder if he really meant what he wrote on the note.

"You have to go meet him," Hana whispered in my ear, making me drop my pencil case.

"I don't know Hana..." I trail off, stuffing the last few pencils back into case and shoving it into my bag. I sigh, "I guess I'll go, see if he shows up, I don't know."
She squeals and pushes me towards the door.
Hana didn't care if you had everything, including your right mind, if there was a boy involved, get ready.

Slowly, I peek around a tree that had a full view of the front gates. Girls passed Kai, giggling and flirting and trying to get his attention. While boys either ignored him or glared a bit. Kai's head moves, his eyes scanning the students as they walk by, looking for someone. Waiting.

Could he be looking for me?

I steady myself, walking up behind the gate and trying to be unnoticed for as long as possible. I barely moved when his head suddenly snaps up, gazing right at me.

"SaeRom!" A large sweet smile engulfs his face as he jogs over to where I'm standing.

"Why did you want to meet with me?"

"Let's walk home together."

"Pardon? What... What are you asking?"

"C'mon, let's just do it," he shrugs, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. His messenger bag hanging just above his hip sways as he grabs my hand and starts walking the route I take home. My face blushes furiously as people start to stare, but Kai's warm hand seemed to fit perfectly with mine.
The contact sent sparks and tingles through my skin, it was something I couldn't explain other than amazing and breathtaking. But I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Besides," Kai starts talking as soon as there's less people around, "I know you didn't bring an umbrella." How did he know?
I never bring and umbrella unless it's raining in the morning because it takes up too much room in my already stuffed bag, so I just go over to Hana's house. Then usually someone offers to drive me home, or I am allowed to just stay the night.

"Can't have my SaeRom getting wet and catching a cold."

My head snaps up as I hear his words.
Wait. What?
My SaeRom?

Suddenly, I feel Kai's fingers entwine with mine. I try to pull my hand away, knowing that I shouldn't be doing this, but I don't move. I barely knew him. Yet it felt like he was already someone special.
He stopped at a path, and i realize that there is no one else around. It's just Kai and I for what seems like a long time.

"SaeRom, I'm asking you that you give me a chance."

___________________________________

I'm so sorry this took so long to get up, I was sick and it got delayed, 😁
But I hope you're all enjoying it and please Fan and Vote! Also, please tell other fans, and hopefully I get more chapters up and at a quicker rate!

I promise I won't disappoint you all! ❤️