Chapter 8: The Walk Home

I apologize that this one is so short, I haven't had much time but I'll make them longer I promise!!
💖Fan, Vote, and comment!! Also, tell other fans/friends!
Comment about things you think will happen in this story, I'd love to hear what you think!

________________________

"SaeRom, I'm asking that you give me a chance."

My eyes grow wide, what? Had I heard him right?!
Again I try to pull my hand away, but his large warm one holds mine in a tight yet gentle grip.

"Kai..." I whisper, my voice barely audible above the wind. He pulls me down the sidewalk behind him, turning a corner to a place I didn't know well. He didn't wait for my answer- his mind was made up.

We walked for a few minutes, his hand holding my sleeve more than my hand since I tried to shake his grasp.

A giant gust of wind blew my blazer open, chilling me to the bone. Involuntarily, I shudder and move closer Kai. Our bodies touching in a way I wasn't used to. My face blushes so red I can feel the heat.

Kai stops, he pulls something from his backpack.

I watch curiously as he pulled the ball of fabric out, before letting it sway in the wind. He pulls the straps of my backpack off, swinging it over his shoulder with his bag. Kai takes my hands, pulling them through the sleeves of the sweater before zipping it all the way up to my chin.
He takes his baseball cap off, placing it on my head. Kai moves my hair around, letting it fall over my shoulders and down my back. His touch sends electric shocks through me, creating a feeling I craved more for.

The black sweater hung low on me, too long and too big in many places, the red hat was also a bit too big. Though big, it was all comfy, it also smelled of him. A mixture of mint and cologne wrapped around me, the long sleeves falling past my hands, keeping me warm despite the wind that had picked up.

I wanted to trust him. I wanted to be by his side. But the logical side of me was wary, scared. I was in the dark about what happened the other night, and not only was I trying to hide my emotions from that, the dream I had a lunch really got to me.The memory. But he asked me to give him a chance, which at the back of my mind, I wanted him to give me. A chance.

Trapped in my thoughts, I realize Kai has been looking at me expectantly. For how long, I don't know.

"Pardon?" I ask. I was slightly embarrassed that he caught me.

He laughs, a smile spreading across his face. "I said, why don't you come over to my place. It's about to rain. I can't have you getting sick." He pauses for a moment, as if deciding whether or not to say something else, before adding, "You're good at art, and we have an art project. Maybe you could help me with it?"

"Sure," letting a soft laugh slip out at his second reasoning. Kai gives me another smile before we start walking again.

A few drops land on my face as I look up at the sky.

"Kai, it's starting to-" I'm cut off by a clap of thunder and Kai pulling my hand, running as the drops get faster.

My lungs burn as Kai pulls me beneath the top of a bus shelter. He cracks a few bad jokes as I catch my breathe, making me wonder if I should just stand back out in the rain.

"Guess it's a good thing I gave you my sweater," he says laughing, then pulling back his blazer to reveal that his white uniform shirt is completely soaked through to the point of transparency. It takes me a moment to understand what he meant, and as it dawns on me I hit him.

He continues laughing as he pulls out his cellphone, miraculously dry enough to use. He turns away as the caller on the other end picks up. I watch the scene outside, the way the water bounces off the leaves of trees and the sidewalks. It reminds me how I used to watch the rain with my mother and brother, before I would force my brother to play outside in the mud with me, building mud castles and catching worms. Such an odd child I was.

Suddenly, something catches my eyes, enough to make me tug on Kai's sleeve. He turns around, shutting his cellphone as the call ends.

Kai instantly pushes me behind him as the dark grey wolf emerges from the tree line. It's body pushed back and fangs bared. All of the features were blurry with the heavy downpour, except for the two red eyes that glowed through the darkness.