Anhedonia

Anhedonia n. The loss of interest and enjoyment in all activities that you once liked.

"Daddy?" 

He just smiles that smile indented in my memory.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my voice a little shakey 

"la Mia Bambina" he spoke to me in the same sweet tone.{my baby girl}

"rispondi alla domanda" I spoke my tone as calm as his. { answer the question}

"Let's eat some fried chicken and fries" he beamed this man was more a child than me.

"Am vegetarian" I answer calmly

"subway" he tried again

"I hate that now" I replied still keeping my calm tone.

"I heard there's this new vegetarian place we could check out?" it came off as a plea but the way he said it was to calm no desperation.

"I'm good" I lied a trait I got from him. Before he could reply my stomach did the unthinkable and betrayed me by growling I could see the smirk on his face. I hadn't eaten properly for a week now between the bills and the funeral expenses I had no money for me. I was arrogant but not stupid I nodded my head he smiles and walked me to his car the lavishness of it caught me off guard the sleek black car windows were tinted the rims shined and it screamed class the fresh raindrops decorated it.

"Since when could you afford this?" I asked but he didn't answer he just gave me a toothy grin as he jumped into his side of the car.

"So why are you here?" the question was burning to come out and what better time than when we had had been driving for 30 minutes now with no music and the silence was driving me insane.

" I got a call," he answered plainly a call but from who.

"Child protective services" he answered before I asked.

"Why," I asked keeping my calm tone

" Storm you do know you're a minor right" he spoke in a duh voice.

"I could have handled myself on my own," I added quickly reprimanding myself for my voice rising from its monotone pitch.

"la Mia Bambina I could clearly see the stack of bills in your hand and by the banker who came to alert me that your stuff was to be moved out by a week, I could tell" he spoke with no emotion in his voice.

I held in my temper and just sighed, the car was soon overtaken by the silence of us both the only thing we could hear was the gentle breeze breaking against the car.

AN hey guys I just wanted to say hi

word count 419

bye