chapter 26

I woke up the next morning, as I went down stairs no one was present. But when I went outside for some fresh air, there everyone was. They didn't even bother to wake me up. Inko was over there too. With Elizabeth. 'Wow' I thought. The only one who wasn't there was Meliodas. I started walking over there hearing their conversation. "Does that mean I've met Meliodas too?" The light teal haired girl spoke "Sure you have." I turned around to see Meliodas. Looking back at Elizabeth a small blush covered her cheeks. "R-Really?" She asked. Her voice honestly annoyed me. The green eyed boy nodded for confirmation. I then kneeled to the ground patting for Inko. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked like he was going to respond. I mean he did but it was just a low whimper

He sat in front of me as I pet him, everyone else continued their conversations. "So Gowther." I heard Meliodas say (more like yell) "Will you join us to defeat the holy knights?" "yes." I darted my eyes towards Gowther. "cool" I spoke, I didn't even realize it. I sat there probably looking stupid stroking Inko. "I guess it is cool." A certain blonde spoke. Elizabeth then giggled. My flustered face didn't help. "Let's Celebrate!" Ban yled. "You mean drink a lot of alcohol, but I'm In!" King and Ban ran to the Boar's hat and got out a bunch of beer. 'But didn't we just celebrate?' Thinking to myself I got up and followed the group back to the Tavern.

There we all celebrated til night fell. they still drank and had their own conversations. I even took a few beers. Inko sat near the fire amused by our drunk asses. I think I was a little tipsy at the time but I actually talked to Elizabeth. "Hey Goooorrll" I slurred as an alcohol stench escaped my mouth. "Umm.... Hi L-Lady (y/n)." She seemed nervous. "whats wrong?" I asked trying to hold the alcohol for a minute. "N-Nothing." She looked down something obviously wrong. "You sure?" "yea Just a few thought on mind."

I know how she felt. When everything seems to be going just right, and you have that feeling that something is going to happen. Because you know feel you don't deserve all this good. It was like that when I successfully escaped Baste. I was right though, something did happen. That group of guards chased me for days. That was when I couldn't help but wish I didn't escape. Because they were ordered to kill on sight. I was wanted dead or alive, If I hadn't ran to the Boar's hat and met Meliodas. I probably would be dead.

I could tell I was very lost in thought. My mind remembered every little detail of that day. It felt so fake. Why would I have lived? I actually don't know why I'm still alive. I guess alcohol makes me go really deep in thought. Snapping out of whatever trance I was in, I looked back at Elizabeth. "Don't go so hard on yourself." I told her with a small smile. "I'll try not to." She gave a small response with a smile.