3:

By morning, I wake up to see Lucy sleeping beside me in the most worst position possible. She just laid on the middle of the bed while I barely manage to have my butt on the mattress. She moved a lot in her sleep. Looking up close, she showed some age despite only being seventeen. I got up, showered and made breakfast for all of us. The first person to wake up has to make breakfast, it's common sense when you're in a household. The second person had to do dishes, mostly that was Kaito doing it.

From the small kitchen, I could see Kaito dozing off out of his couch.

Sure must run in the family, I thought.

I cooked eggs and secretly made coffee for myself. I couldn't drink coffee since, according to Lucy, I was too young. Mind you, I am fourteen. Most kids in school started drinking it when they were in sixth grade. I quickly drank as soon as I heard footsteps and saw my sister buttoning her shirt up.

     "Were you drinking coffee again?" She asked  with a weird look.

     "It was hot chocolate." I lied. If I said I did drink coffee, I'm screwed, "Come on, foods ready." I get up from the sturdy chair and dumping my plate and mug into the sink for, surprisingly, Lucy to wash. She barely woke up second.

     I jogged to grab my bag and went out for the door.

     Lucy turns to me bewildered, "Hey, you ain't walking with us to school?" I shook my head and she gave me a grin, "Wake up your brother and tell him to move his ass already. He's always late, he takes longer than me in the bathroom."

     "Okay," I responded and went back in and sliding toward Kaito. I shake him violently and shouted, "Lucy wants your ass up! Get going!"

     "Urghhh....do I have to go to school?" he groaned, rubbing his eyes.

     "Do you want mom and Lucy to beat you?" I asked back.

     He got up and lazily walked to the bathroom. I shouted bye to my sister and walked out of our small apartment. We couldn't afford a house. I look at my wristwatch, 7:15 am.

     The town of Little Tokyo of Los Angeles was where I have been born, and raised for most part of my life. The area had traditional styled architecture (which I passionately admired) that could be seen in the stores and possibly homes, if you could pay enough money for one. Apartments, unfortunately, weren't all cheap so we settled somewhere far from the bustling Little Tokyo marketplace area. In 2042, there's been an increase of making the town more traditional like, some establishments had been rebuilt to make them fit the East Asia theme.

     I walked from San Pedro street to East 1st Street. It was the area with most Japanese products being sold. Ramen bars, karaoke clubs, bookstores, street foods and clothing stores. It was a paradise for Japanese immigrants, Otakus and Weebs. I'm not offending anyone but it was truth.

As I turned from the corner, I saw a Nagasaki tram about to pass by and I bolted to the stop. People were filing, I sprinted towards the car. The tram's door closed as the last person entered. I had no choice. The next one would be 40 minutes, I'd be late for class now it's 7:30. I climbed quickly to the back ladder and sat on it like a swing, feet dangling beneath the moving road as the tram slowly sped up. Law enforcement here in Little Tokyo was decreasing a lot these days. Crime rates weren't any better than forty years ago. So doing this was common among us young. You could see an adult do it occasionally. This tram was added a few years ago but it could take you around the entire enclave easily with four of its lines covering most of the town.

"Hey! Raito!"

I suddenly turn my head to see a girl about my age, golden brown hair and bright brown eyes. She was shorter than me by an inch. She wore a black short skirt and white shirt with a black unbuttoned long sleeve (called Gakurans) over it. I wore the school Kaito's grown out uniform. The Gakuran seemed to be really loose on me and the black pants made it even lousier. I give her a sly grin and she looked at me irritatingly.