16:

Asugaya slipped out of my hands and fell face flat onto the grass. I'm on the foot of the mountain. The air is normal again. My haori is all torn and stained in mud, blood smeared on my face and hands.

The two hooded figures from earlier stood in front of us. Among me and Asugaya, there were many wounded players lying down or sitting carefully. I open my inventory to have my friend drink up a health potion, I get out one for myself and my health goes up to yellow or halfway. 

     I counted everyone, only nineteen. Including us. I knew the twentieth one must be her. She probably went off without a word.

     "Now that everyone is here, besides the first one who insisted on leaving hastily, congratulations on coming back alive." The one on the left remarked, "We have seen your progress and all of you are talented swordsmen."

     "Since you have passed the prelims, the first event of the Swordsman's festival shall commence by the start of winter, "It shall be a sword dual with the strongest opponents you shall ever face." The right one explained, "This is just the beginning. Your first challenge shall be sent to you three days Aincrad time. We wish you all a good night."

     The two figures disappear. I drop, sitting on the ground due to exhaustion. Asugaya was still on the ground helpless.

     "Raito! Asugaya!"

     My ears rang from the shout. But I see Rogue in her KoB uniform. She stars at me, horrified at my state. She puts her arms around me and squeezes me.

     "Oof-

     "I-I thought you both were dead..." she stammered. Sobbing.

I didn't plan on logging out as three days in Aincrad would just be a few hours outside. I'd be fine playing a little longer. Rogue was tending to Asugaya who break two of his ribs while had a whopping five broken ribs. Makes sense as I was fighting longer. She had us confined in our tiny room. Those three days, I was fixing my haori and catching some sleep since sleep in Aincrad is equivalent to sleeping in real life although most people don't recommend doing your sleeping in game as it would mess up your body's patterns.

Rogue entered our room to treat Asugaya. Who seemed to only worsen. Her worried expression looked genuine. She hoped for this child to be better in a few days. She handed me a cup of matcha and continues to give Asugaya all kinds of medicine.

"Thanks." I blew on it and took a sip, the biter yet sweet taste satisfied, "Will he be alright?"

"Definitely, well...if I do this right. The medicine I'm giving him should speed up the healing process." She raises the blanket up to his chin and gives him a light tap on his head, "That should do it."

"Tell me something," she starred at me, "How come you healed faster than Asugaya but you broke more ribs than he did? You must have some really strong healing potion if not, regeneration skill."

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders, "I just felt better and all."

What I didn't tell her was about that Solus thingy. That light that keeps calling me, saying I'm not alone. It bugged me even if I told myself it's probably a bug or something in the game. It doesn't feel like one.

I attempted to change the subject, "Any investigations on Laughing Coffin?"

Her face changed to sternness. She sat beside me on the floor, hugging her knees, "Yeah, some actually operate together IRL. They plan out what they do outside and execute it in game. So far, nothing else. We did however manage to get the name of the player running Laughing Coffin. Goes by the handle 'Jigoku'."