SEOLAH: EUPHORIA

The clock reads eleven in the morning, but I feel like I haven't just slept for more than twelve hours

The clock reads eleven in the morning, but I feel like I haven't just slept for more than twelve hours. If it wasn't for the shining sun outside, I would've thought I'd just closed my eyes for a quick second.

The fatigue had never been this bad before.

Then the door creaks open, and I force my eyes open for just a tiny bit. My body felt like a ton of rock, but the sight of Taehyung hesitantly coming in is enough to make me smile.

"Seolah." He breathes when he meets my sleepy gaze. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

It shocks me how heavy my tongue is when I try to move it, and my reply comes out slurred and all messy. Worry clouds his face, and I swallow dryly to speak.

"I'll be fine." I assure, fresh sleep dragging down on my mind. "I must've been tired— just give me an hour or two and I'll be wide awake."

"Seolah..."

There's a soft dipping of the bed as he stretches himself down next to me, his arm curling around my shoulders. His cheeks feel soft like a baby's as he rests his head between the crook of my neck.

"I think your anemia—"

"It's not that." I deny, my heart sinking. "I'm just tired, I promise. There's no need to worry."

He tightens his grip around my upper arm, eyes forlorn. He usually got that look whenever he was thinking really hard about something, but I'm too tired to talk even one more word.

It is my anemia, and I'm too scared to admit it.

"Seolah?" His voice sounds surprised, and he traces the line of my eyes with his sleeves. When it comes off wet, I purse my lips firmly— I hadn't even realized.

Then a soft hiccup escapes my lips.

"You're crying." He notes as I blush furiously, trying to hold my breath so the hiccups would stop. "Should I leave? Is it because of me?"

To my dismay, I hiccup half of the words I say next.

"N-No! Why would you even think that?" I exclaim, rubbing my temples.
"Besides, it's nothing."

"It's everything." He sighs, and I draw my eyes upwards as he falls into silence.

"What are you thinking about?"

At my question, his empty gaze finds focus. I can see his neck shift as he swallows, fingers tightening pale against the sheets.