YOURA: BLOOD HOUR

I regret my words the moment I see the pain that flickers through his features

But then the door closes, and I find myself sobbing childishly on a sidewalk curve with tears blurring my vision. It'd been so long since I'd cried that I'd almost forgot how it felt like.

So it was all for nothing?

My sister was really going to die?

Every shift I'd worked so hard for, every vampire I'd captured seemed so pointless now that I knew the truth.

That damn doctor had lied after all.

I'm honestly wondering whether I should go to his house and burn it to the ground when I sense someone sit down next to me, smelling of lemon chocolate pastries.

An indecipherable sound escapes my lips when I see the storm eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He says lightly when I sniffle, swiping at my reddened eyes. "I'm used to getting rejected like that, anyways. It doesn't bother me anymore."

"You're not funny." I hiss, and he laughs a feathery laugh as he wraps my fingers around a warm croissant.

"I heard you like these."

Geez, why does he have to be so cute when he's giving me food?

"Thanks." I sniffle again, biting into the warm bread and feeling a bit better. Actually, a bit is an understatement. Not even ten seconds has passed before I'm chewing on the last bite, and Jimin holds up a paper bag.

"I knew that'd happen."

"Thanks." I repeat, wiping at the creamy corners of my lips. "Why are you being so nice to me? I was like a little—"

"Like a little brat? Yeah." He admits, and I instinctively curl my fingers against the stone curve. Then he shrugs.

"But it still doesn't mean I want you to leave."

"And your sister's not going to die." Jimin adds, and my eyes widen in surprise. "Taehyung isn't going to let that happen, even the alternative can be a little, uh, daunting."

"Wait, she isn't going to die?"

"Yeah."

Then I realize what he means, and I instantly frown as I tug my knees tighter to my chest.

Of course.

How could I have forgotten about that.

"Being a vampire's not that bad." He points out, lifting his forearm into the sunlight spilling in front of us. His pale skin glitters with blinding diamonds, and he pulls back smiling.