Chapter Six

Willow's POV:

The plants and stitches seem to have made the leg wound slightly better. As soon as I opened my eyes, I unbandaged his leg to evaluate its progress. Currently I'm re-applying more plants and wrapping the wound in a clean bandage.

 I ignore my growling stomach as I grab a cloth and the bucket of water that was left over from last night. Putting those next to him, I walk back over to the firepit and begin a new fire. Then I place another pot on, this one filled with clean snow, to start melting. 

I'll need more water for drinking, cleaning and for getting through the next few days. My stomach growls again, so I eat some meat and an apple, hopefully that'll keep me going for awhile. 

Before I go clean the man's chest again, with the infused water (I added chamomile and goldeseal) I tiptoe through the back room (the bears are obviously still hibernating), crawl along my matteress and look out the window. 

Luckily the snow hasn't got in yet, since this window is kinda sheltered by an outcrop of rock above it. But the view outside isn't easy to see, as it's quite dark and extremely blizzard-like. 

Well what would you expect?

It is a snowstorm. But I do need to go to the bathroom, which means I'll need to smother myself in coats. 

10 minutes later

God, now that was a mission and a half. Not only was it absolutely freezing, but it was nearly pitch black and I fell over multiple times due to the high winds. I take off my outside coats and make my way over to the man. 

Wait a minute.

Okay, his arm has moved. Before, when I left both of his arms w ere by his sides. Now one isn't, it's above his head. I'm over thinking things, I move around all the time when I'm asleep, so other people must do that as well?

Surely?

I kneel down next to his chest and wring out the cloth which has soaked in the infused cool water. The cave's front room is quite warm, so the cold will be good for him, I don't need him overheating. I take in the scratches on his chest, as I glide the cloth over them. Underneath the scratches his skin is tan and definitely well defined. 

I dunk the cloth back into the bucket and continue wiping the scratches. My eyes drift over his face and up to his arm. His fingers are resting against the side of his face - twitching. I quickly scan his face, for any signs of conciousness. 

His eyelids flutter open, revealing a pair of icy-blue eyes.  His eyes dart around, taking in the cave, finally resting on me. 

"Hi, my name is Willow. Your safe in this cave and I've delt with your wounds."

"You're the girl." He whispers, "the girl who talked to those wolves."

I didn't think he was still concious when I was stalling the rogues, that's a discussion for later. 

"Yes, but I'll explain about that later. Right now my focus is on your injuries."

I stand up and walk over to the fireplace, getting the pot of water. I put some chamomile into the water and place it next to the small opening of the entrance to cool down. 

"Will I lose my leg?" He asks wearily, his concerned face glowing in the firelight. 

"Not while I'm in charge. Your chest scratches are healed I just need to keep them clean...Your leg, well it'll take awhile, but it should be useable." I explain, grabbing the cloth and continuing to clean his chest. 

"Do you know first aid?" He asks, his eyes staring into mine. 

"Of course I do, otherwise you'd be dead," I know that is a blunt answer, but its the truth.