Chapter Ten

Willow's POV:

I thought waking up to the wolf pack howling would be reassuring, ya know? Wolves howl all the time right? It doesn't necessarily mean something bad has happened? Right? Oh boy was I wrong. I sit up and . . . 

Chaos.

Wolves of all ranks are running around, sniffing, howling - searching for something. No wolf is sitting down, all of them are searching. The slightly larger wolves seem to be arranging a search party, wait a minute. 

A search party?

Zachery bolts upright, eyes wide. "Willow, what's happening?"

"I don't know yet. Something bad," I reply, slipping my shoes on.

I run over to the search party, the Alpha and Luna greet me. I bow quickly, "what happened?" I ask, scanning the organised wolves in front of me.

Luna doesn't respond, pain and anger evident in her eyes. The Alpha is fuming. 

"Last night our pups were taken. I don't know when or how, but they're gone. Some of my pack believe it was the boy, although I know you two were both sleeping. They want blood. You should both leave - now, before they lose their patience," he growls. 

To say I'm shocked, would be an understatement. 

"But Alpha, that's ridiculous, you know not to believe them right? Luna?" I turn to her, but she doesn't respond. 

The Alpha nods, but doesn't say anything else, instead he walks to the front of the assembled wolves and starts giving orders. 

"Willow, please. Just go. I do not want you or the boy to get harmed by my pack. We believe our pups were taken to the . . . Dark Forest. So you cannot help," Luna explains, forlornly looking at me. 

"Willow!" Zachery frantically shouts.

I turn and see him surrounded by wolves, great just great. Luna sighs and joins her mate by his side. 

I run over, "oi! What is wrong with all of you?! Huh? If you seriously believe he stole the pups, then you're seriously delusional!" I take a breath, shouting and running don't mix. 

They turn to look at me, I'm slightly scared, they wouldn't hurt the Alpha's adopted child right? I stand next to Zachery, facing the young angry wolves.

"You disrespected us by taking the Luna's pups," one says growling. Menacingly stepping closer. 

Zachery grabs my hand, Jasper whimpers, hiding behind us even more. 

"Okay then, if we did then why would we still be here? Why don't we smell like them?" I question, forcing myself to remain cool, calm and collected. 

The wolf who spoke tilts his head in confusion, "but you did. Well not you Willow, that unknown boy did. He needs to pay the price."

"W-Well," Jasper speaks up, "he was here all night."

"Sure runt, sure," another wolf says, growling angrily. 

I've had enough, so I raise my voice louder, hoping the Alpha and Luna hear me. 

"Alright look, since you want to blame him, even though he DID NOT do it, we are going to find the Luna's pups. Most likely having to put our lives at risk, because they probably were taken to the Dark Forest, by some unknown animal. We will return, with the pups, by sunset in three days time. If we don't return by then with the pups, you can deal with us anyway you like. But, if we do, then you need to apologise and let the Elders know that Zachery has earnt the right to obtain our language. Is that alright?"