18

It was Friday, and Dohee was working at the cafe that day. There were not a lot of workers that day, but there were quite a lot of customers. It was a bit stressful for Dohee. She continued to run around everywhere taking orders and bringing food. Making drinks or a simple sandwich. But it was too much for her.

"Dohee, take a small break. You should go to the back for a little bit." Jiyoung said.

"What if Soojin comes? I'll be in big trouble." Dohee said.

"I'll handle that. You just take a break for now. You're working too hard. You need it." Jiyoung smiled. Dohee nodded her head and walked to the back of the cafe. She sat down in an empty chair and relaxed.

This is the best she has felt in days. No more thinking about Minhee, no more stressing about school, no needing to worry about Soojin or the twins. Being alone felt great to her. But her heart was still hurt. And nothing has changed since then. If only she had told him sooner.

She suddenly heard yelling on the other side of the wall. She stood up slowly and walked back into the room. Soojin was throwing a fit. The twins stood behind her. When Dohee entered the room, the smirked. "Where have you been this whole time!?" Soojin shouted.

"I was in the back. It was only five minutes." Dohee said.

"Do you not see how busy this place is? You need to be working. Not being lazy and taking breaks. Get back to work or you're fired!" She shouted, grabbing the attention of everyone there. Dohee turned around and began going back to work. "So useless, you're mother must have been like this." Soojin muttered.

Dohee stopped what she was doing, and clenched her fist. That was enough for her. She finally had to let it all go. "Stop talking about my mother like that! You knew nothing about her! You call her things that she was not! But do you know what you are!?" Dohee began telling.

"I dare you to talk back to me. Do you want to be fired." Soojin said.

"You're a witch! A freaking gold digger! That's what you are! You take my dads home! You take all his money! You've taken everything that's his! And you take it for granted! And so what if you fire me! Actually, you know what, I quit. I don't need to stay here. And guess what, I'll move out as well." Dohee said. She took off the apron and threw it at Soojin. "I didn't even need to be here in the first place. I didn't need to be dealing with you and your stupid daughters. All you guys care about is money."

"And where exactly are you going to go? You'll be homeless." Soojin laughed.

"She'll move in with me." Jiyoung said. Dohee turned to her. Jiyoung turned around and smiled at Dohee. Dohee felt relieved. "Let's go, Dohee."

"You take one step and you're fired." Soojin said, trying to stop Jiyoung.

"Oh please. I always hated this job. This girl right here is the only reason I've stayed. She's been dealing with you throughout all these years and she's been struggling. I'm only here to help her. So guess what, I quit too." Jiyoung said. She took her apron off and threw at Soojin.

"Let's go, Dohee." Jiyoung said. The two walked out the cafe, Dohee never feeling more free in her life.

Junho rode his bike to the cafe. He spotted Dohee walking out and rode his bike over to her. "Hey, where are you going?" He asked.

"I just quit. And I'm moving out." Dohee said.

"Wait really? You finally told her off? No more twins? No more going to the cafe after school or working on weekend? None of that?" Junho asked. Dohee nodded her head. "Finally! I'm so happy! I can finally be with my best friend again!" He shouted. He picked Dohee up and spun her around. The two have never been so happy.

Everything Dohee was feeling just ten minutes ago, all went away. She was so relieved and happy. She hasn't felt this way in years. "Wait, where are you going to stay?" He asked.

"Jiyoung is letting me move in with her. I'm going to get my stuff tomorrow. Will you come help me?" Dohee asked.

"Of course. Let's go out and celebrate. You finally have your freedom and I get my friend back." Junho said.

"I'll treat you both to dinner. You two like steak?" Jiyoung asked.

"Yes!" The two shouted at the same time. They turned to each other and laughed.

Dohee was finally happy, but there was still a bit of pain in her heart. And it was something she couldn't control.

Hi.

Didn't feel like waiting another few days to update. So here you go. Hope you enjoy.

And if you like Nct, I'll have a new story out soon. I'll maybe post it before or after this is done.

Ok now, bye