Chapter 19

Demi's POV

Today has been tough, I've had these days before. It's days where even though I went through treatment, I can't help but feel depressed. I'm bipolar, so even how hard I try to be in a good mood, I can't. I've taken my medicine today already, but my best medicine left to go work at the studio. I wish he was here with me, he called me earlier and said he was working late. So I lay in bed right now waiting for him to come back home, it's around eleven and I'm getting annoyed. What's taking so long? I get up and walk downstairs to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I looked around and saw an apple, I grabbed it and went back upstairs. I lay against the wall next to the fire in his room, winter is here and it's cold. The fire feels good, it relaxes me. I just wish Joe was here to fully relax me. Thoughts are coming and I can't stop them, I feel depressed. No matter how hard I try to stay strong in my mind, I can't fully get it out of my head. I want it to go away, I need Joe. He's the only one who can help me right now, where is he? I go lay back down on the bed after I finish my apple, I hope I can find a way to sleep.

I wake to a movement in the bed, I open my eyes quickly.

" Sorry. " I hear a whisper say, a beautiful angelic voice. His arms wrap around me and I notice that he's shirtless, the warmth of his body radiates mine.

" It's ok. I'm glad your home. " I say snuggling into his arms deeper.

" Are you ok? " he asks tightening his embrace around me making me feel more at ease.

" Yeah I'm fine. " I say smiling, I really am now that he's here.

" Good. " he says grinning, he must see that I'm in a better mood than I was this morning. He kisses me softly before he lays his head down and closes his eyes, his arms are around my waist while my hands are against his chest. He really does protect me from my inner demons, I feel as if his arms are shields. I don't want him to ever let go, I love him more than anything. I snuggle my head into his chest and close my eyes finally thinking of positive things.

" Oh come on. " Joe says grabbing his guitar, he wanted me to sing with him. He's grinning happily when he sits down on the bed, I sit next to him and say " Oh fine. What song? "

" Let's do Wouldn't change a thing. It'a our song, you know." he says starting to strum the notes to the song.

" I do know." I say smiling, the last time I sang this song with him was on my last show I did for the Camp Rock 2 tour. That was the night that my backup dancer got on my last nerves, and I punched her right in the face. I was lucky to have nick there, or I would've gone further. I was so angry with her, she was talking about Ashley and how she was a better girlfriend for Joe than I ever was. Ashley green, the one that Joe brought on tour after we broke up. I hated her, she would never let me talk to Joe unless I was onstage with him. He started to date her a month after we broke up, I was angry with him for bringing her on the tour. I was just glad that 'Jashley' didn't last long, they broke up like a week before I went to the treatment center. He told me he only dated her to get me off his mind.

" It's like, he doesn't hear a word I say.

His mind is somewhere far away.

And I don't know how to get there.

It's like all he wants is to chill out. " I sing gently remembering how fun it was onstage with him.

" She's serious. " Joe chimes in.

"He makes me wanna pull all my hair out. " I sing louder as the tune grows louder.

" She's always in a rush and interrupted. " he says swaying his head to the music.

" Like he doesn't even care. "

" Like she doesn't even care."

" You, me. We're face to face, but we don't see eye to eye. " we sing together sounding like a melody that I have missed.

" Like fire and rain ,Like fire and rain.

You can drive me insane ,You can drive me insane. But I can't stay mad at you for anything. We're Venus and Mars, Venus and Mars. We're like different stars, like different stars. You're the harmony to every song I sing, and I wouldn't change a thing. " we stop when the chorus stops, we can't help but smile and laugh. There are so many good memories with that song.

" I've missed that. " he says putting his guitar down before he leans in and kisses me. I gently place my hand on the side of his cheek pulling him closer. I pull away slowly, but leave my forehead connected to his. We stare into each others eyes and I feel even though we are really close, every second of us staring into each others eye's brings us closer.