Chapter 13

Before

It seemed to surprise him as well as a sudden gasp leaves his mouth. "You're... Like me? (Y/N)? Is that you?"

"I... Don't know anymore... I-"

Something heavy gets placed on me. It was his coat. With a soft but concerned smile, the boy looks at me.

"Common. Let's just help you out first"

Not saying anything, I look towards the ground. Spinel still occupying my mind. "O-okay..." Taking a short beat to take a deep breath I open my mouth. "W-what's your name?"

"You don't remember?"

Shaking my head no, I was glad he didn't give me the same looks I got all day.

"Well. My name is Lars. Common, let's just get you a ube cake roll"

Now

Sitting on the stool inside I was in the backroom with a slice of a purple ube roll cake beside me on a white table. I was shivering slightly while keeping myself huddled together, using Lar's jacket as a blanket. I wasn't even cold, it was just getting harder to keep my thoughts down.

I had no idea where the pink boy went. He brought me here but once I got settled down he had to excuse himself to call someone. It was quiet being here alone, it let my mind overtake me.

Spinel... Why did she leave me? Who did I look like...

Glancing down at my hands, I was disgusted by the pink covering me. I wanted it gone. I wanted Spinel back.

Taking my nails, I tried to scrape the brink colour off the back of my hand in an attempt to remove it. With every stroke, I applied more pressure, disappointed every time. It didn't work it made me boil with fury. I hated it! I despised it. If this was keeping Spinel away from me, I don't want it!

What was I?!

I scratched more, but nothing changed. It only became a deeper pink but no blood was visible. I didn't even know if I had blood.

Who am I?!

I'm nothing without Spinel! There's no reason for my existence. I don't know who I am, I only remember her.

"Wh-what are you doing?!?!"

Darting my head up, I saw Steven and Lars at the doorway staring at me in horror. It confused me slightly but I understood why and felt a wave of guilt wash over me for an odd reason. Steven was quick to come near me and heal my wound better before looking at me in the eyes. It made me feel small. He was waiting for me to talk. Lars knowing Steven had this under control now, excused himself.

"I-I... I don't want to be pink. Spinel doesn't like me like this..." I began to cry just thinking about it. "I thought... If I could get it off, I could be the way she likes better...!"

"(Y/N)... You can't just do it for her. You need to remember who the most important person in your life is!"

"Who?"

"You."

Blinking a tad, I was caught speechless. I'm the most important person in my life?... But how was I supposed to know if I'm worth anything if I can't remember a thing?

"Please. Come with me. We need to get you help."

"What about Spinel?!"

Placing his hands on top of mine, it was strange I felt a bit of comfort by it. "I get that you're worried for her... But I think right now she needs alone time. Can you tell me what happened between you and Spinel?"