Chapter 6

"The target, lokal, is distantly related to Minister Onest."

I munched on cookies I stole from the kitchen as I listened to the new assignment Boss is giving Night raid.

"He uses the Ministers name to kidnap women and beat them to death." Boss exclaimed as she slammed her knife onto the drawing. "His guards are as guilty as him. This is an important mission. Im sending all of you in."

As everyone walked out of the room to prepare for the mission, I remained seated, munching on my cookies.

"Mary, what are you doing?"

I simply looked at her dumbly, " Im eating..?"

Najenda scoffed and shook her head, " I mean, why are you still here? You've got a mission to complete."

"Huh?!" I halted my eating and looked at her in shock, "Are you serious?! I get to kill someone tonight?!"

Boss lightly chucked," Yes, yes. Now go."

I jumped up off my seat and ran into the room, grabbing my scythes. I ran up to the members walking out. " Wait for me! Im coming!"

--------—---—----—

I followed Mine and Tatsumi and groaned in anticipation. "Come on and get out here, assholes! Let me kill you!"

"Mary! Calm down, you'll get your chance soon!" Tatsumi lectured me as he looked through his telescope.

I moaned again and banged my head against the tree bark. Tatsumi and Mine began to talk about the imperial arm she has and as they were talking, I felt a dark aura,"He's here."

Tatsumi looked at me comfusingly, "Where? I dont see him?"

"Look through your telescope, idiot."  As he did, Mine prepared her Imperial arm. "W-Wait Mine, There is people surrounding him!"

"Thats irrelevant."

"Irrelevant?! What if you hurt one of those-"

Mine's gun blared and fired as Tatsumi yelled and shoock in fear. Before Tatsumi could yell, Mines bullet shot directly through the targets head.

"Im a master sniper." Mine smirked.

"Come on, there's no time." I grabbed Tatsumi's collar and pulled him out of his state of shock and ran into the woods. I dragged Tatsumi as he yelled and complained and Mine followed behind.

I dropped him on the floor and looked around impatiently. "Where is it? Come on, where is it?" I mumbled to myself.

"Ugh... this other route is really hard to traverse." Mine complained.

"No kidding."

" I wonder if all the pursuits have been eliminated."

I grumbled and shook my head. " No, they arent, it takes time to kill these certain guys."

"Yeah, all the guards around here have trained at koukenji. It probably wont be that easy." Mine explained to Tatsumi.  "As a special treat though, Ill tell you about my past."

I quietly scoffed and walked in front of her because I already know the basics of her past. I skimmed through all the members of Night Raid files when I had nothing to do at the secret hide out.

Mine explained to Tatsumi of how she came from the western border and being discriminated against for being half foreigner and all that deep shit.

As they talked, we met at the place we were suppose to meet. I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my dark blue eyes at Mine "Wait. I thought we were suppose to kill some of the guards."