Chapter 5

Monel and I arrived. J'nn looked at us in shock and hung up on Alex.

"What the hell" J'nn was about to add more, but I stopped him. Mon-El stood next to me hoping I would make the right decision. I was more worried for Monel than whoever was on that ship, but they were in trouble.

"J'nn, we need to go back to the ship." J'nn trusted me, so he held Mon-El and I immediately after my words. I opened my eyes and we were in the ship. I turned to Mon-el who jumped once he saw where we were.

He went running everywhere as I explained to J'nn the small things Mon-el had told me. There was an alarm that sounded, and it was killing my head.

Mon-el went to turn it off and as he did another went off. This one was worse, much worse. It was pounding into my skull and I held my head. I couldn't describe this pain, it felt as if someone was trying to break my skull. J'nn had moved to help Mon-el who was in a full panic, while I started to feel numb in agony.

"J'nn" I whispered through my pain. I felt dizzy and soon my body crashed to the ground. The alarm was getting louder, but it seemed I was the only one affected.

My vision started to go black and I couldn't see anything. I heard nothing as if I was deaf. I felt someone grab me and pull me up. He carried me to another room. My sight started to come back, slowly.

The door shut. I was finally starting to make out objects and colors. It was a blue room. I looked up at the man who was putting me on the ground and expected to see J'nn, but it was Mon-el. He was trying to tell me something, but my hearing wasn't back.

I saw his mouth move rapidly, and his expression showed he was terrified. I couldn't hear him so I looked desperately at his lips trying to read them. As he started to finish his long dialogue, it started to sound more than muffling.

"Kara, just stay here I'll be back." His eyes darted to the door and then back at me, "I promise." He said letting go of me and walking toward the door. He looked at me once more as he opened the door. The pain returned and I held my head, as the alarm returned.

I could see his face grow sad seeing me like this just before shutting my eyes in utter discomfort. I opened my eyes slight again to see the door shut behind him.

Then it was gone. I wanted to get up, but I was still dizzy. I couldn't help. For the first time in a while there was nothing I could do. I felt so helpless and I sat there, trying to regain my strength. My sight coming back along with my hearing. I tried looking through the door, but my xray vision was gone too. I had no powers.