Chapter 6

I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep until I was woken up by Monel. I looked at him alarmed; I couldn't quiet remember what had happened. His face expressed he worried, but I couldn't remember why.

He picked me up, suddenly, and carried me. I didn't fight it, partially because it felt good to be in his arms again, but also, I felt much weaker than usual.

My body felt useless and I was completely numb. It was a feeling I had never felt before, and it bewildered me. As Monel walked through the ship, my memories of what happened started to flood back.

Thankfully, there was no alarm going off as we exited. I looked around to see if we had saved the people Monel was talking about, but I saw no one. Suddenly, we were no longer on the ship. I looked up to Monel, but his expression was blank. It was black for a while and then we were on the street, once again.

I noticed we were in an abandoned alley. Before J'nn took off, I saw him carrying another woman. Mon-el was talking to me, but I only heard his muffled words, my hearing was still very damaged, and I wondered how it'd take for me to hear someone clearly. I tried hard to focus on his words, but he was speaking to fast.

I looked over at the woman, once I gave up at trying to comprehend Monel. She didn't look familiar, nothing of her did. Mon-el did keep his gaze on her for certain periods of time, indicating to me that she was probably on the ship with him.

We made it to the DEO and Alex can rushing over to us. Mon-el set me down on a bed, and the release from his arms felt cold. I was sore, I felt it the moment I was placed on the bed, but I could now finally hear.

Watched as Mon-el was explaining what had happened, and Alex stayed attentive through it all. I started to sit up, but then pain emerged everywhere in my body. They both sprinted to me pushing me down as they heard me groaning in misery of the aches.

"Kara don't." Mon-el told me. His eyes pleaded for me to stop trying to be strong and to just accept that I was hurt. His expression showed me that he still cared for me, after all this time. It made my stomach turn with excitement.

I didn't want to listen to him, but I was tired, so I laid back down. I felt my eyes close as Mon-el and Alex went outside of the med-bay. I continued to try fight the fatigue as I looked over at the woman who was unconscious. I wanted to study her, but my lids refused.