Maribat #1

Ship: Jasonette

It's not your fault

She gasped, sptting out blood from her mouth. She looked down, shocked to see a sword protruding from her mid-section.

Eyes wide, she looked at Red Hood.

"Red... Je t'aime... "

And then she promptly passed out.

~

She awoke to the hushed voices of who she guessed was a... doctor, assuming she was in a hospital, and Jason.

"Doc, how is she?"

"The stab wound was bad but she'll recover. You however, I am not sure. You should go home, Red Hood. Rest. God knows you need it."

"You know I can't do that Doc." Red Hood said, with an underlying tone of slight panic. "Can I go see her?"

The doctor sighed. "Very well. She might be waking up soon. Anything happens, you know what to do."

"Thanks Doc."

Then footsteps sounded and the sound of a chair being pulled up to her side resonated through the room.

Marinette hadn't opened her eyes just yet.

Jason leaned in and held her hand in between his. "I'm so sorry, bug. This is all my fault."

At that last comment, she tightened her hand in his hold. He looked up, worried.

"It's not your fault, Jay. It never was." She cupped his cheek using her free hand.

Jason leaned into the touch.

"Mari... stop that. I know you don't mean that. People always blame me. I'm always at fault. If only I had been paying more attention... you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"Jay... Don't ever blame yourself. What matters right now is that I'm okay. Please, just- don't be too hard on yourself. I'm here, I'll heal. And I don't blame you. I love you, Jay."

Jason took in her words.

He definitely didn't deserve her.

"I- I love you too."