Maribat #4

Ship: Daminette

A Sign

Damian hadn't slept. Ever since she had been admitted in the hospital, he had claimed his spot on the only chair in the room and sat by her. Every twitch of her figure would snap him to attention.

Marinette's injuries were worse than they looked. She had a few broken ribs and bruising from the continuous kicks she'd been hit with. And her left cheek was sporting a nasty bruise from the neck-breaking slap she had gotten. Thank god her neck hadn't actually broken. If not, he would have killed them right then, and there.

Fucking little shits are gonna pay

And they did, upon hearing of the news, his father had taken things into his own hands. His family loved Marinette dearly and to think something like this could have happened to her, well, everyone was furious.

Lost in his thoughts, he hasn't realized she had woken up until her hand brushes against his cheek.

She let out a strangled breath and said "H-hey dove... " Well at least Damian guessed that was what she said. It came out not much louder than a whisper.

Damian was about to break down before he schooled his features into a scolding exasperated expression.

"Habibiti... "

"I-I'm fine, my darling dove... "

"No. No you're not fine. If I hadn't-" Damian took a shiddering breath. "My point is, this time, you ended up in the hospital. I think that's a sign. Let me help you, Angel. Let me take care of you when no one else does. Please."

Damian's voice was full of emotion. He was pleading to her, begging her to let him help. And at that moment she made up her mind.

"O-okay."

"Oh, also, Bruce sued your ex-classmates. "

Later Damian would relish in the pale faces and cries of protest from the ones who would dare harm his beloved.