Maribat #3

Ship: Daminette

The Demonic Duo

From the moment Marinette was brought forth into this world, her life had already been planned for her. Who she was going to be. How she were to live her life. Everything. Not that she was complaining or anything. At this point, she had just gotten used to it.

What she wasn't expecting was that her combat skills would attract the attention of the demon head, Ra's Al Ghul himself. Enough to get her betrothed to his grandson and only heir, Damian Al Ghul.

Of course she didn't have any say in it, it was either accept or die. And who would want that.

Anyway, that's how she found herself in this... predicament.

Damian and her had been bored of their martial arts lesson taught by her mother, for they both had already had advanced private lessons. So her mother had given them permission to leave class in their promise to not cause any havoc in the league.

Damian had had enough of people telling him what to do. So he dragged Marinette to do something rebellious.

They were sneaking out through the secret passageways of the league safe house. Why, you ask, are they in a safe house to begin with?

Well, as mentioned earlier, they were in the middle of a martial arts lesson. A martial arts lesson that just so happened to be in one of the Leagues' bases in Paris. Damian's mother just so conveniently sent him there, so he could spend more time with Marinette, his betrothed.

So yeah, Damian had to admit he didn't actually enjoy the prospect of having a betrothed at first, him thinking he was far superior than anyone and all. But he quite liked Marinette. The fact that Marinette didn't often follow the rules also made him tolerate the girl more.

So they had snuck out. To grab (steal)some supplies. More specifically, pranking supplies.

What with all the quiet - Damian thought quiet, Marinette thought thunderous - cackling Damian was doing and the noise they made as they set up their stuff, someone was bound to hear them.

"Stop that, we're going to get caught!"

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything."

"Well, your 'quiet' cackling is going to get us caught, so stop it!"

While the pair were wrapped up in their whisper-shouting challenge, they hadn't noticed the figure walking up to them until they opened their mouth.

"Anyone willing to tell me what you two are doing?"

"Papa! This is not what it looks like!"

Marinette's father just smirked knowingly at her.

Suffice to say, when the other child-assassins woke up the following morning, they would be very surprised by what happened to their stuff and most, if not all, will be having... difficulties in their routines.