Chapter 28 • Mr. Get Inside

In the middle of a boring class discussion, Bridget throws a rubber band to Jace's desk to get his attention. My eyes watch her as she extends her body to somehow get close to him.

           "What?" Jace half whispers, his eyes blazing and ready to snap our brat's neck.

           "Senior prank," Bridget tells him in a hush tone of voice but I'm positive half of the classroom can definitely hear her. Except for the teacher up front of course who's busy blabbing to herself and the whiteboard.

           I shake my head ever so slightly as I hear where Bridget's going. Jace looks at me, wondering if I know what she's yapping about but I square my shoulders, feigning oblivious.

           "Are you on something again?" Jace asks, leaning back to his chair, looking like he's about to piss the hell out of her.

           "I'm serious, Whitely," Bridget grits her teeth. She leans closer to him, making her chair rock a bit and then pinch Jace on the skin of his knee.

           Jace raises both his hands—but not too high—and furrows his eyebrows. "We got loads of things in our heads, Bridget. Don't add up an event that's not happening in a few months."

           Bridget wiggles her eyebrows suggestively, her chair still rocking. "Unless it's gonna happen next week?"

           My head swings so fast to her direction making me fear for a whiplash. Even Jace and those who were eavesdropping are staring at Bridget like she just announced that she's mothering Chris Hemsworth's baby.

           After staring at a grinning Bridget Argent, Jace turns to me, hoping to get a confirmation, an answer, a support or whatsoever but I keep my plain face on. Because to be honest, what Bridget wants means more responsibilities and more mind games for me. I can't have anything anymore on my plate. I'm overloaded.

           "We have a championship to——"

           "And we're only Seniors once," Sam cuts in.

           The shock on Bridget's face tells me that she didn't expect a back-up from a person on Grayson's team. Jace scowls at Sam and the young lady sends him a smirk. Well, wasn't also expecting Sam to jump on Bridget train.

           "Why are you backing her up?" Grayson asks, his eyes shooting daggers at his friend sitting next to him. The bad boy didn't even think of lowering his voice.

           Sam flips him off then turns back to Bridget. "I don't want our last year here at Lexus to be spent working like a freaking soldier everyday. I want to remember every bit of fun I could get this year. Not just us climbing our way to our legacy."

           And Sam's got a point. They deserve it and I don't because I have a lot of other things to do and having fun isn't my priority. But if this shit's gonna pull through, I don't fucking have a choice but to join. It all comes with the freaking title that I've been wearing since I was born, 'a troublemaker'.

           My eyes and Grayson's unintentionally meet and lock. We're both sending each other the question, 'Should we do it?' but really neither of us knows.

           And then suddenly, a light bulb pops in over my head and I think it reflected on my face because Grayson pushes himself up from the chair, hoping to know what idea just crossed my devious mind.

           I'm thinking that I can utilize Bridget's all year Senior prank event to distract Kurt Crawford with his plan on being a virus inside our wall. That's if he's really coming to Lexus. I will use everyone's plans to hide my plan which won't only be mine for too long because I'll be telling the mighty resident bad boy soon who looks so eager to hear every bit of it.