Chapter 2

Third person POV

"My queen, we have completed the search of the Fanged Void Clan, and we have found nothing."

"Are you sure you've checked everywhere? Even the royal area?"

"Yes, my queen, we've checked everywhere"

"What about the Danny, did he finish checking the Dark Woods pack?"

"Yes he did, he didn't find anything, he is scouting out the outskirts of the territory to see if they may be a rogue, a moon werewolf, or a Dracula."

"God Damnit!! Why is he doing that alone, he does know that they are dangerous?"

"My queen, he isn't alone, he has taken some of the trainee guards with him."

"Thank you Lyn, you are dismissed."

The assistant scouter, carefully left the room, and closed the door gently behind her, careful not to further frustrate her superior.

As soon as she left the meeting room, the queens head fell into her hands, she felt useless, after all those years of searching, all she wanted was her last mate in her arms. They've searched hundreds of Clans and Packs, and they've found nothing. She even decided to send some of her best soldiers out to search if they were a rogue. She felt lost as she prayed that her 4th mate wasn't a Dracula or a moon werewolf, that would be trouble.

"Lauren, honey, you'll find them" Lauren looked up to see her dad, Mike, looking at her with sympathetic eyes.

"I know dad, it's just that, the girls and I have been searching for years."

"Sweetheart, maybe they are a human." This time it was Clara who decided to speak up.

"Mom, they can't be. You've all seen and felt the power radiating off of the marks, there's no way that they can be just a simple human."

"Well, they could be, maybe the power is felt because you're mate has so many other mates and..."

"NO! Mom you don't get it, okay, let's say that they're human, they could be anywhere and that's almost impossible to track! Please just use your brains with this!" After her outbreak, Lauren stormed out of the meeting hall. Usually she would be reprimanded for speaking against an elder like that, especially them being her parents.
But the rest of them knew how draining it was for her, and the rest of her mates, to not have their final mate. Most vampires and wolves  find their mate within 14 years, but after that the longer they go without finding them is like agony.

They felt for their daughter and her mates, because they have seen they changes in them after the joy of finding each other wore off. Lauren has become easily angered, with an extremely short temper. Ashley has been going on more and more missions, and can be extremely distant. Melanie has been spending a lot of time with the the witches, sewing, and making dolls and vintage clothing. Dua has been in this depressive, just constantly crying or acting like she feels nothing at all. And the four of them have just been so depressed. This is a bad thing because they are the queens and the alpha and luna. And the clan and pack can't flourish if their leaders a damaged.

All they want to do is to help their daughter and her mates find their missing piece, so they could be happy again.