Chapter 5

Outfits for this and the next chapter(the bathing suits are in the same order as the outfits

Your outfit and bathing suit

A/n the words in bold are a language that I made up that only Melissa, Maddie and Kenzie speak(it's the language of a small island that's close to Hawaii) I did this in order not to give too much of the story away

Maddie POV
I'm laying in bed staring at the ceiling, it's been yet another sleepless night. How can I concentrate when they're so loud? The worst part is that I can't even ignore them because they're coming from my own head.

I hear a small knock on the door and sigh, I shift my body slightly to the right before telling the person to enter. The door opens slowly, and I see my sister peek her head in before fully entering and shutting the door behind her. She walks over to my bed and takes a seat at the foot of the bed, she gives me a knowing look, and pats my leg in a comforting manner.

"No sleep again huh, Mads?" She says as she looks at me waiting for my response, even though she already knows what I'm going to say. Before I answer I sit up, and put a pillow behind my back so I'm comfortable.

"Yeah..." I sighed "but how can I when they're constantly in my head, it's disrupting my shunryda, and the worst part is is that they're not even my own lagárdre, but I had to take them on because of...."

"It's okay Maddie, I get it, you don't need to talk about it because I know that it hurts you, hopefully when this all is figured out things can be right again."

"I know, but it's so hard to think about because of the chance of her..." I was interrupted by my mom yelling from downstairs

"GIRLS!! Get ready we have to go to y/n's party!" Kenzie looked at me reassuringly before getting up and going downstairs. I prepared myself before attempting to get out of bed, it took everything in me not to fall back down to sleep. They finally shut up after 10 hours, but I had to get up. I couldn't miss her special day.

Mackenzie POV

After leaving Maddie's room, I went downstairs because I had already gotten ready. I quickly went to the kitchen and started making coffee, I also pulled 2 energy drinks out of the fridge and put them in Maddie's bag.

"It's happening again isn't it?"

I jumped as I heard my mother's voice from behind me. After composing myself again, I just nodded at her.

"I feel so bad, this had been happening a lot since..." I put my finger to my lips as I heard footsteps heading down the stairs. Mom stopped talking and walked past me to the door, Maddie came down looking exhausted, she quickly grabbed her bag and headed to the car. I finished making the coffee and followed suit.

Once I was buckled I handed a cup to Maddie.

"Thanks" she said and then leaned her head on the car window, closing her eyes in attempt to get some form of sleep. My mom and I made eye contact through the mirror. She smiled sadly and shook her head before starting the car, and starting the drive to the Wylde household.

A/n: no proofread pt.2 of this chapter is coming soon
Sorry for the slow updates. I know this chapter may seem confusing, but that's on purpose. You will begin to understand what's going on, but for now what do you think is wrong with Maddie? Is it linked to y/n?