Hero Training (Part 1)

(y/n) POV

You were able to get up again today, and just like yesterday you didn't walk to school with your brother or your dad. You started to feel alone, but you just shrugged it off and didn't complain. You were there to learn how to be a hero, not socialize. Besides, it's not like you had any friends to hang out with.

On your way to school you were really pensive, so much so you didn't hear someone coming up behind you.

You turned around because you felt someone's thoughts, and you had your quirk toned down to just ½ meter out from you in every direction. It wasn't even crowded, so who was behind you? You turned around to see...

"Oh, ohayōgozaimasu Todoroki. I didn't see you. Congrats on getting 2nd on the test yesterday. You have a beautiful quirk. Anyway, what do you think we're doing today?" Even without your quirk you could tell something was wrong, but didn't say anything because you knew that made it worse, so you were trying to strike up a conversation to get his mind off of whatever it was he was thinking about.

He thought about your question for a while, and when he answered he said simply, "Another assessment, but this time it would be about how much we know about our quirks and how to use them, not how powerful they are." He said this all without breaking stride or his stoic facade.

By the time he was done explaining his theory, you were in the classroom.

"Wow, okay then. You thought very deeply about that. Welp, anyway, we're here! It was nice talking to you Todoroki. See you later." You felt kinda bad you left him but your seats were in an uncomfortable position for talking.

(Time Skip to Lunch)

'Now where should I sit? Ashido and Denki? Nah, too loud. Yaoyorozu and Jirou? Too pretty and cool for me. Uraraka? Gonna be awkward.'

You were looking around really intently, and people started getting worried.

"Umm... Shinsō?" It was Kirishima.

"Yeah? What's up Kirishima?" You gave him the grin that Denki said reassured him when he was scared.

"Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to sit with me and the Bakusquad."

"Bakusquad?"

"You know... Me, Mina, Kaminari, Sero, and Bakugou." He gave you a toothy grin, which made you forget he said 'Bakugou'.

"Sure!"

You walked with Kirishima to their table and sat down, not noticing Bakugou's shocked expression.

"So Shinsō," Sero began, "What was that yesterday? You're acting NOTHING like before."

"Oh, I just had a bad morning and I'm not used to people initiating conversation with me." You chuckled and scratched the back of your head.

"Well that's okay! You can hang out with us from now on!" Denki grinned.

"HUH?! I NEVER AGREED TO THIS! THE NAME OF OUR GROUP IS THE BAKUSQUAD! IT'S NAMED AFTER ME, SO I SHOULD HAVE A SAY! IN FACT I SHOULD MAKE THE DECISION! AND I SAY FUCK NO!" Bakugou was FUMING at this point. You could see the steam coming out of his ears.

You felt like pissing him off more, so you said, "Calm down Baka-hoe, this is why we didn't ask you in the first place."

"NANI?! WHAT DID YOU SAY BITCH?! YOU... you... (indiscernible)"

"Wha..."

RING!

"Well that was the bell... let's get to class!" Your quirk showed you Kirishima was scared for your health if you kept poking fun at Bakugou.