Chapter 2 - Regret

"Okay LaSalle. It's been three weeks. Just how long are you going to mope" Tammy says as she turns towards Chris.

"What?"

"You didn't hear me because you are sulking."

"No, I'm not, just thinking."

"About?"

"About life."

"Life or someone in your life Christopher?"

"Leave it alone Tammy."

"Nah, I'm not feeling it LaSalle. You miss that girl as much as I do. I did tell her I didn't want her to go then I said 'but you need to do what is best for you'. She would never admit how much she loves you."

"What?"

"Oh, don't look at me like I'm nuts. It must have been obvious to everyone else how much Sonja loves you."

"How did you come to that conclusion?"

"Look LaSalle, I told you from the beginning that I thought there was something between you two. You were always in sync with each other. Even when you tried to disagree you usually ended up on the same side of an issue or mission. Percy wouldn't tell me what you spoke about after I left you in the squad room the last day she was here."

"We just said goodbye Tammy."

"Are you sure Chris? You just let her go and never told her that you didn't want her to go. Tammy now crying. "That you didn't have feelings for her?"

"I couldn't do that Tammy" LaSalle responds starting to choke up. "She needed to find her life, her destiny. You need to stop Tammy. You can't make me feel any worse than I did then or then I do now."

Tammy got up and walked to the spot where LaSalle stood. He did nothing to stop her from putting her arms around him as her phone rings. "Sorry, I need to take this. After she hangs up the call, she tells him "I need to get out of here someone is waiting on me."