Chapter 3

Have you ever felt torn? Completely indecisive to the point where you have no idea what to do? Well, I was currently having one of those moments.

So, what did I do?

What I always did: I called for reinforcements.

"Kamdyn!" I yelled out my twin brother's name while standing in front of the mirror.

A few seconds later, he came running into my bedroom, his eyes wide and frantic.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" he asked as he walked up to me, his blue-green eyes full of concern.

Nodding, I had a pout on my face as I replied, "Yea, I just need your opinion on something for Jessica's party later. Should I wear the black sheer stockings with this black bodycon or the black fishnet ones?"

"Bloody hell lil' sis! I thought you were dying or something," Kamdyn grumbled, though he walked over to the clothing options that were laid out on the bed.

I rolled my eyes, "Pfft, you'd swear you were like ten years older than me or something and not just a whooooole one minute the way you act."

"Hey, I was born first, regardless if it was by an hour, a minute or a second. It makes me the older one," he grinned before adding, "and I'd go with the fishnet, makes them thick thighs of yours look banging."

"Ugh, such a boy," I laughed softly while playing with a lock of my curly honey-brown hair.

"Don't act like you don't come begging for my male opinion Kaelyn," he exaggerated the pronunciation of each syllable of my name.

"I don't beg...!" my cheeks flushed while putting away the sheer stockings before moving back to stand in front of the mirror.

"Uh huh, anyway, Zayn said he'd be here in a few minutes. Why don't you ask for his opinion? I mean, seeing as that's whom you're dressing up for anyway," he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

Kamdyn walked up behind me and put his muscular arms around my waist.

"Come on KL, we turn 18 in a few weeks, when are you going to tell him?" my brother asked as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Erm, never? Come on KD," my voice strained before continuing, "you know I don't want to break up the friendship and bond that we have."

Laughing, Kamdyn agreed, "Yea well, I suppose the three of us being best friends was inevitable given that all our parents are best friends. But I mean, one of us has got to fulfil our parents' wish of joining the two families."

I grumbled incoherently under my breath as I watched our reflection in the mirror.

"What? Don't look at me like you don't want the same thing. Besides, Zayn's little sister Zara is jailbait so there's no hope of us ever dating!" Kamdyn said as he scrunched his nose up at the thought.

A small teasing grin formed at my lips while speaking, "She's only 5 years younger, nothing a few years of waiting can't solve."

"Yea, no. We both know that's not an option. Either way, everyone's betting on you and Z to hook up at some point, even me!" he countered with a cheesy smirk.

Shaking my head, I could not help but ask, "I don't see how that's ever going to happen. I mean he changes girlfriends almost as fast as you do! I Swear I don't know how you guys can claim to respect women and do the things that you do."

"Okay first of all, we respect women! Secondly, we respect their right to express their sexuality in any which way they want–" Kamdyn said with a knowing grin before my elbow to his ribs stopped him mid-sentence.