My Mom Was Cool

Back in the 80s (1982-1986) she was still in high school so she didn't have kids. She would ditch school with her older brother to go to the arcade and play a bunch of retro games that were the future then like Pac-Man, Galaga, etc. What she says is that her older brother was awesome at Pac-Man.

In the 90s (1995-1996) shortly after she gave birth to her third child, my youngest brother, her husband at the time and my brother went to this one jewelry store that was going out of business in Montana. They got her a ring that has I think 4 emeralds (since she was born in May and her birthstone is emerald), diamonds, and gold that is real. It was a mother's day and birthday present for her since her birthday is a week or two after mother's day. Fun fact she still had the ring 23 years later and always wears it. She never takes it off unless she has to. Another fun fact at the time it was $60-70 dollars and nowadays it would be $600-700 dollars.

(Side note: I was gonna wear it to school when she couldn't wear it but I couldn't trust myself to not lose it. If I ever lost it, I would be dead)

My mom had a Gameboy that came out in 1989, she was only 20. I don't know the exact year but she already had 2-3 kids. She played Tetris on it and she is awesome at Tetris.

A few months ago we were at GameStop looking for games. I got Telltale's The Walking Dead A New Frontier and she saw that there was a retro games thing that has Pac-Man, Digdug, and Galaga. Needless to say, she beat me and my friend Nathan at Galaga and Digdug.

My mom likes old school Nickelodeon. Like 90s old school. She was 21-31 in the 90s.

This turned into a "My mom is cooler than yours." Real quick. I dunno, that's my mom's adventures before I was born because parents are so cool until their last child is born.

My mom's stiil cool.