Twenty

When Sam pulled his face away, he kept his forehead pressed against mine and his arms in place. I didn’t open my eyes, but I could feel his breath brushing softly over my lips.

My heart was still racing in my chest and it seemed like my stomach had taken up an acrobatic act, flipping uncontrollably and nonstop while he held me.

My hands had a mind of their own as they made their way up to the sides of his neck, the left angling his jaw toward me while the other curled around to the short curls that started just behind his ear.

It seemed like I had no control over any of my actions at that point and I pulled him toward me, completely closing the distance, and pressing my lips to his again.

He stayed still at first, but he wasn’t pulling away, so I kissed him. Both of my hands wrapped into his hair and with that motion, Sam seemed to snap out of it.

His arm around my waist tightened and his lips moved gently against mine, his hand tangling in my hair as he rolled slightly to hover over me.

I sighed against him, my lips parting involuntarily, and Sam’s mouth began to move with a bit more urgency.

I couldn’t help the little giggle that escaped my mouth when his teeth grazed my bottom lip, I wasn’t used to anything like this, but Sam just took this opportunity to move down my jaw to my neck to my collarbone.

I could feel him smile against the crook of my neck and I tugged his hair to pull him back to face me.

He kissed me again, smiling against my mouth as he did. When I thought this couldn’t feel any better, his tongue swiped against my bottom lip and his teeth grazed it again with a subtle tug.

I tried to keep my mind clear, to not overthink any part of this because with as close as we were I knew there would be no keeping anything from him.

And while usually I liked that, when I wasn’t so sure what exactly this was and where this was going, I didn’t want to think about anything that would cause him to think he had to end this.

It wasn’t like this was my first kiss, but this wasn’t like any other kiss I’d ever experienced. It felt like my whole body was going haywire, like I was going to burst because I was so happy.

I didn’t realize how badly I’d wanted this until it happened and I didn’t want it to stop.

When I woke up the next morning, the sun was ripping through the blinds; bearing down hard and making me wince away from the light. I was confused at first when I wasn’t in my tiny dungeon, that the cold floor was replaced by a soft bed and warm blanket, and a pair of long arms wrapped around me instead of the cold metal ankle clamp.

I turned away from the window, my eyes falling on Samuel who was sound asleep, a peaceful expression on his face.

Both of his arms were wrapped around my waist, his hands lying flat against my bare back beneath my baggy t-shirt.

One of my hands had slipped beneath the fabric of his shirt, resting against his stomach, while the other was resting against his waist, tugging the side of his t-shirt.

I pulled my hands free, not wanting to wake him, but feeling the sudden need to get out of bed. I had a lot to do and I needed to call and check on my parents, make sure they weren’t too worried about me.

The second I wrapped my hand around his wrist to disengage myself, Sam’s eyes flicked open. He gave me a small smile and sat up quickly, pulling away from me so fast I didn’t have time to process what was happening before I was lying in the bed alone.