Not gonna lie - Part. 1

Kang Daniel's POV

It's been almost 70 days since I've participated in the survival show, Produce 101. I've been going through a lot of hard times, training 24/7 non-stop, eating only 2 meals a day. I wanted to give up and go back to being a street dancer until I saw this trainee. I'm not gonna lie, he was like a rabbit with an innocent face and cute eye smile. He was the source of my energy. I know it sounds cringy but it's the truth. I've started talking to him recently when we were in the same team for "Get Ugly". He was so sweet and kind. When other trainees were letting out tantrum for being so lazy and tired, he encouraged and cheered them up like a ray of beautiful sunshine. Since then, I started having a little crush on him. I know the rule said there should be no dating allowed between the trainees, but I still want to like him, even if he doesn't like me back. 

I was so glad when we were put into the same dormitory. I slept on the top part of the dunk bed and he slept on the bottom. I sometimes couldn't sleep because my heart was racing for some reason (which everyone knows why) but I just dealt with it and kept a straight face and slept.

No one's POV

It was 7.00 am and the trainees were told to get up and head to the training centre. They all looked sleepy and tired, without their makeup. 

"So... Only 20 trainees left, hey?" 

One of the trainers said while walking into the centre. The trainees bowed while the trainers walked in professionally. While they were bowing, Kang Daniel slightly turned his head towards Park Jihoon's side. Luckily, Jihoon turned his head to see Daniel's face too and they made eye contact for 3 seconds and looked away shyly. Jihoon was blushing madly but Daniel didn't notice it.

Park Jihoon's POV

Oh my god, I literally made eye contact with the goddess, Jesus Christ! I feel like my eyes are been washed with God damn holy water! I mean, look at those cute eyes and flawless face, he is just the perfect definition for perfect! I could imagine thousands of fans screaming over him, I wish he likes me back like how I like him so badly...

No one's POV

So apparently, Jihoon liked Daniel as well but he was an expert in hiding his feeling that no one noticed it. It was so obvious that Daniel liked him but he was just too gullible to acknowledge the fact. He was just too humble. He thought someone perfect like Daniel hyung would never like him back, poor Jihoonie.

All the training continued until midnight. Now the trainees were heading back to their dorm with sleepy eyes and heavy body. Daniel and Jihoon were walking to their dorm as well, together. The midnight breeze was awkward until Daniel decided to break the awkwardness by complimenting Jihoon.

"You did so well today, Jihoon! I always get surprised with your dancing skills!"

Daniel complimented Jihoon with a crimson face. He noticed that Jihoon's face was turning red as soon as he complimented him. He felt like he accomplished something big.

"What? No way! Daniel hyung, stop teasing me!" 

Jihoon madly spoke with a cute tone while scratching his head, smiling slightly, feeling a butterfly in his stomach. Jihoon felt so happy whenever Daniel teased or complimented him. He felt like he becomes closer whenever he does that. He enjoyed the closeness between him and his hyung. Daniel also liked it as well but he wanted more than just staying as friends forever. He wanted to ask Jihoon out before he dies out of a breakdown. So he decided to confess to Jihoon today. 

"Um, Jihoon? Can I ask you something?"

Daniel spoke nervously.

"Yes, sure. What is it hyung?"

Jihoon replied while looking straight up Daniel which made him blush madly.

"Umm... Do you like anyone currently?"

Daniel stuttered while wandering his eyes, avoiding Jihoon's sparkling eyes.

"Umm... Yes... But I don't think he likes me back..."

Jihoon replied once again, sighing deeply. Daniel thought he still had a chance because he was worried that Jihoon might be straight. Deep inside, he was happy that Jihoon as gay but at the same time, a sense of sadness overshadowed his happiness because Jihoon confessed that he likes someone else. But still, Daniel was determined to ask him out, even if he gets rejected, he thought it would make him feel relieved when he lets everything out.

"Jihoon, I know you would probably reject me but I'm still going to let it out. I... like you!"

Daniel exclaimed. Jihoon just starred at Daniel with huge eyes. He couldn't shut his mouth as well. After a few minutes, Jihoon finally started blinking slowly and stared at him again. Daniel was so nervous. He couldn't imagine what Jihoon would say to him. He was scared if he gets rejected but at the same time, he was desperate for his answer. Jihoon slowly opened his mouth to speak. Daniel gulped his saliva nervously. Jihoon was also nervous if he should say his answer or not. He was afraid if it was the right thing to do. But without a doubt, he was determined to show his true feelings.

"Hyung, remember how I said I like someone right?" 

Jihoon spoke with a low voice. Daniel bitterly smiled as he knew he would get rejected. 

"That's... You, hyung..."

Now it was Daniel's turn to open his eyes wide. He covered his opened mouth with both his palms as if he saw a ghost. Jihoon lightly scratched his head again, feeling embarrassed and scared. Then suddenly, Daniel tightly hugged Jihoon, making Jihoon suffocate with Daniel's sincere love. 

"Ahh~ Hyung, you're suffocating me!" 

Jihoon chuckled cutely making Daniel hug Jihoon tightly even more. 

"But I'm just so happy that you accepted me!"

Daniel lightly kissed Jihoon's head, making Jihoon blush. Jihoon warmly snuggled into Daniel's warm embrace. Daniel responded with a tight hug once again.