More Death(This book is clearly very positive lol)

Me and Remus arrived home to find our apartment empty, which we expected. We had already guessed that Sirius would spend most of his time with James and Lily. I will apologise to Lily when I see her, I feel bad that she's had to tolerate James and Sirius all by herself, that poor woman. 

Remus comes out of our room, where he went to go put our suitcases away.
"I'm guessing Sirius is at James and Lily's." He says and I nod.
"Its either that or he's disappeared." I say sarcastically. 
"Wanna go?" He asks and I nod my head. I've really missed my friends and I was looking forward to seeing them again. He walks over to me and takes my hand before we apparate to James and Lily's house.

The atmosphere in the house was much duller than expected. Or maybe I was just imagining it. Yeah, that's probably it, I'm insane, I'm just imagining things.
Me and Remus walk into the living room and see Sirius and Lily sitting silently in the living room. They both turn their heads as we enter the room and smile as they see us. 
"Hey, you're back." Lily says and I can tell she's faking a smile. What the hell happened here, and where's James?
"I've missed you guys." I say and Sirius walks over to me and engulfs me in a tight hug.
"We have something we need to tell you." Sirius mutters.
"What happened?" Remus asks.

"James' parents are dead." Lily says and sadness washes over me instantly. The Potters were like family to me, they always treated me better than my actual family ever did. Remus gently places his hand on my shoulder.
"Where's James?" I ask. "He cant be dealing with this very well."
"He's up in our bedroom," Lily answers. "He's refused to leave ever since we found out."
"How long have you guys known about this?" I ask.
"Four days." Sirius answers.
"Why didn't you guys send us a letter, you knew where we were."
"We didn't want to ruin your trip." Lily says guiltily. 
"It doesn't matter," I say. "I'm going to go see how James is." 

I exit the room and begin walking up the stairs before anyone could say anything else. Tears escaped my eyes the moment I had left the room. How could they be dead? Maybe this was just some cruel dream. 

I arrive at James and Lily's bedroom and knock gently on the door.
"I've told you I'm not hungry Lily." I hear James mutter from the other side of the door.
I wipe the tears from my eyes before entering the room.
"Well good because I didn't bring any food." I say sarcastically and James lifts his head to look at me. His room was dark, the curtains were shut and the lights were off. He was lying on his bed and their were pictures of him and his parents in a messy pile at the bottom of the bed. 

"Hey, I'm guessing Sirius and Lily told you what happened." James says and I nod before sitting beside him as he sits up with his legs off the bed. 
"How are you doing?" I ask.
"I'm fine."
"James, I've known you long enough to know that you are definitely not fine." 
"I just really miss them." He says and I can see tears begin rolling down his cheeks. He leans his head on my shoulder, which probably would've been difficult considering the height difference, and I wrap my arm around him.
"If you want to talk about it I'm always here for you." I say and he lifts his head to look at me.
"Isn't that exactly what I said to you after you ran away from home?" He asks and I nod my head.
"I guess those words have stuck with me." I shrug. James quickly pulls me in for a hug and I instantly hug back.
"Thank you for being here." He mutters into my ear.
"Thank you for being such a good friend all these years."

"James, come downstairs," I say a few moments after he releases me from the hug. "Everyone is worried about you."
"I don't know." 
"James, you cant stay up here forever," I say. "How about we go downstairs and have a nice meal with Sirius, Lily and Remus."
"That does sound nice." James admits quietly.
"Come on." I say and stand up. I notice that James stays seated on the bed. "James, please."