Epilogue

Two days passed and Vitruvius kept his word.

At first, everyone was truly shocked and pissed about having been turned into stones or, in the case of the mothers, to have been turned back to normal. The wizard promised free fireworks at the end of the tournament and a magic show on Tuesday, all for free. That bought him the audience.

The king congratulated with his son for the heroic deed and made a city hero out of him granting him the new honorific title of protector of the realm and having bards sing a song of how he defeated brigands and ogres on his journey to rescue the princess.

Taddus wasn't quite happy with it and was still bothered by the idea of his coming, unwanted marriage.

Now, since surprises are never enough, we can tell you that Farfalla and Vitruvius grew kind of close during those last two days and now called themselves boyfriend and girlfriend. They had spent two whole days playing videogames together.

Taddus, hearing their story, felt much better at once and bestowed his blessing on the couple. When the two father-kings objected, he played it very wise and told them that love cannot be commanded; it happens, or it doesn't. Everyone cheered and clapped hands happy to have such a wise and understanding prince.

Everything was settled. The tournament was held so that no tickets had to be refunded.

Taddus won, of course. None of the other participants wished to spend the rest of their days in one of the dungeon's cells. Nonetheless, the prince promised himself to keep training until the lie would have become true.

Of Puzu there was no sign. Farfalla had already forgotten about him but not Vitruvius, such a dreadful stench wasn't easy to forget.

When asked, Taddus laughed and suggested the magus go visit him at his place.

Vitruvius had to cast a bubble around himself or he would have never resisted the intense fragrance of the manure-infested place.

He arrived late because Puzu had already packed his things and left seeking out more adventures and a life worth living.

All he found, before the smell began breaching through the bubble forcing him to leave, was a statue completely covered in manure. It resembled a very funny looking man, thought Vitruvius, perhaps Puzu's uncle, or something.

THE END

A/N: 

Hi there, if you liked this story 

please consider giving it a vote.
I hope I did entertain you and you had a good time with me.

Thank you!You have a great day out there!

Tom Never